Delusional Sellers/Listings - Hall of Shame

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one amused me. He's not delusional, but I like the threat in the heading "or I'll keep it".
That always cracked me up.
"Price lowered this week only or it goes back into the safe!"
"No lowballers, if it doesn't sell I'm just going to throw it in the dumpster"
"If you don't want the rest of your pot roast I'm just going to feed it to the dog..."

Umm... OK.

Skeletor

Reaction score
I was looking at motorcycles, earlier today. I am thinking the BMW GS800F (for a variety a reasons, not all motorcycling related). On cycletrader, there are guys trying to sell 5 year old, stock bikes with 25K miles on them for a few grand under the current, new price. WTF?

"Suck my what?"
Apparently motorcycles are in demand during these "unprecedented times" along with bicycles, building material and asswipe.
Might have to take advantage and let one of mine go.... Maybe trade it for a truckload of fence boards or something? :shock:

hackenfort

Reaction score
Almost every thing listed on reverb. I'm amazed at how much has been sitting for months and even years.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold for $3k... I am quite confident that this is a fake.
It is definitely not original... trem cavity cover is modern, not 1975, it's WAY too clean, headstock decal isn't right for a 74-75, bridge saddles are modern reissues.
And the serial number is 496496.

fry

Reaction score
That always cracked me up.
"Price lowered this week only or it goes back into the safe!"
"No lowballers, if it doesn't sell I'm just going to throw it in the dumpster"
"If you don't want the rest of your pot roast I'm just going to feed it to the dog..."

Umm... OK.
I’m warning you, if nobody buys this at my asking price, I’ll keep it. Do you think I won’t?? Try me!!

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Don't worry. The economy will probably crater in the next 12 - 36 months. Everything will be on sale, then.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Don't knock them till you've tried them. They're expensive, but the guitars are fantastic and they aren't THAT much more than normal, about 15% more for their Thin Skins vs regular reissues. And their guitars all have somewhat unique specs (finish options, fretboard radius, fret size, pickups, whatever) that you don't find on the normal Fender reissues, so it's natural that they'd cost a little more.
I’ve had a few.....they aren’t ANYTHING more than normal.....as far as the guitar is concerned. Great marketing on their part though. You can do a pickup swap, sell the originals, and even on a high end pair it will cost you MAYBE $400 difference.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few.....they aren’t ANYTHING more than normal.....as far as the guitar is concerned. Great marketing on their part though. You can do a pickup swap, sell the originals, and even on a high end pair it will cost you MAYBE $400 difference.
Well some specs have changed now on the American Professional series, for instance. But a few years ago at least, the only way to get those particular specs (that radius fretboard, those sized frets, those pickups, those particular finishes), was on the Thin Skin guitars. They were kind of a cross between AVRI and modern guitars. You can say they weren't anything "more than normal," I'm not claiming that they're magic instruments, but if you wanted those specs those were the only way to get them.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
If the capital gains tax goes up by >100% (as is in the news, today), the market will crash and the defecation will hit the rotary oscillator and all these things will be on fire sale.

Last edited:

Filipem

Reaction score
I'm not sure about every used market but it seems at least in Ontario Canada most sellers are taking off 15% - 20% the sticker price. A huge increase over the last 2 years.

I've stopped looking and learned to be content with what I have to be quite honest.

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
These people asking absurd amounts for LP Custom Lites bothers me because I feel they're doing it out of pure deception, making it seem like the Lite and the actual LPC are the same guitar when they are NOT.

I bought a 2013 LPC in near mint condition for $1700 about 5 years ago. I see them going for $2.5k and up now. Guy is asking $3,200 for this black one.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
A worn Les Paul Studio, from the "Good wood era," $1,400...

I have seen no fewer than 6 Studios (in better condition) on CL today for $800.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
if you will look...I posted that one about a MONTH ago...fool still has not budged on that $1400.....

:rofl:

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
These two have been listed for years, same price.

1619406371327.png

guitaroholic

Reaction score
for real, 4 digit price tags on Studios, just smh :facepalm:

The dynamic (on any gear, not just studios) is that hardly anybody really 'needs' to sell their used gear. So if they see higher prices, that's what they want, even if nobody pays those prices...
... when they ask for more than a new one (or new w/discount) would cost, that's when reality has been lost on them. :rofl:

A worn Les Paul Studio, from the "Good wood era," $1,400...

I have seen no fewer than 6 Studios (in better condition) on CL today for $800.
if you will look...I posted that one about a MONTH ago...fool still has not budged on that $1400.....

:rofl:
$800 is too high to sell here, they just sit. $1,400 is lol'tastic.
These two have been listed for years, same price.

View attachment 533866

guitaroholic

Reaction score
PRICE DROP!
No suckers for $26K? Surely there must be one for $16K...
... it's 'rare' after all.

1619536371128.png

guitaroholic

Reaction score
but, but,... it's 2008. Almost vintage...:facepalm:

1619536545038.png

Latest Threads