I have fond memories playing this guitar... it is truly awesome. GLWS

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful top on that early R8 - GLWS!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Great
I bought the 1997 R8 from Al few months ago.
It is the best Historic I've owned and played among the dozens over the years, the closest to the old woods I have come across.
All the upgrades Al and other previous owners had done and the OTPGs definitely take it over the top.

I am a vintage ho though and am chasing a vintage tele that I must have, so would like to move this to generate extra funds to off set the cost.
Would like to just recoup what I paid, which was Al's full asking of $6499 (paypal friends & family/gift).
I've had many deals with the fellow GAS addicts and dealers over the years.

Instead of trying to re-describe the guitar, I'll just let Al's post on his initial sales ad do all the talking in the link below:

Below are some recent photos I took of the R8.

View attachment 414033

View attachment 414034
View attachment 414035
View attachment 414036
View attachment 414255
View attachment 414256
View attachment 414257
Great White Buffalo-or Butterscotch Ice Cream that thing is stunning.:applause::dude::cheers:

ctkarslake

Reaction score
As beautiful as this guitar is, that pickguard is not stock for a 1997 reissue (WTF...?). Must have been replaced down the road, otherwise there'd be the tell-tale gap between the pickguard and the bridge pick up, like all other 1997-98 reissues.

J50315

Reaction score
As beautiful as this guitar is, that pickguard is not stock for a 1997 reissue (WTF...?). Must have been replaced down the road, otherwise there'd be the tell-tale gap between the pickguard and the bridge pick up, like all other 1997-98 reissues.
He never said it was... what’s your point? If you’d read the thread attached from the original owner in post #1 you’d see that the pick guard is one of that parts that has been upgraded. WTF...?
Owner- good luck man, beautiful guitar!

Last edited:

asapmaz

Reaction score
Dude, there are over $3k worth of aftermarket parts on that guitar, some of which btw are unobtainable. Not sure why you’re so worried about a stock pickguard. Lol

J50315

Reaction score
Dude, there are over $3k worth of aftermarket parts on that guitar, some of which btw are unobtainable. Not sure why you’re so worried about a stock pickguard. Lol
It’s the same logic as the people who ask for the exact weight for no reason and then go MIA once you respond. They just have to come on, make an appearance and prove Darwin’s theory all at once. Unfortunately it’s always in another persons for sale thread which doesn’t do the seller any good. Just ignore it, someone will pull the trigger soon. Awesome guitar