Delayed NGD- 1980 Les Paul Custom

Blues_Verne

Reaction score
T top. Guitar was made and has a pickup from about 3 weeks after Shaw started working there im not breaking the solder joints to find out what its deal is. This has a nice fat neck. I had an 81 with the toothpick neck and i HATED it. This one is massive by comparison to most. A big comfy couch
Many years ago I had a 1983 Studio with Shaws
LP83-Studio_sb1b.jpg

PAF_Shaws-883a.jpg

The neck pup in this guitar was kinda lame duck and swapped. The guitar was great. Long gone since...
I like beefy necks alot.

bblooz

Reaction score
Sweet! - Congrats on your new-to-you Norlin LPC!

Last edited:

grimmchaos

Reaction score
Congrats! Next up on my list of things is also to get a birth year Custom... 1980 here too. Years ago it would have been a silverburst, but now the prices on them are just ridiculous.

your idol

Reaction score
Congrats! Next up on my list of things is also to get a birth year Custom... 1980 here too. Years ago it would have been a silverburst, but now the prices on them are just ridiculous.
Always wanted an 81 Silverburst (my birth year) but im with you. Im not paying double for a color for sure. Its cool but it aint that damn cool. I love this guitar but id swap it for a Black 81 with all Nickel hardware in a hot second. I like the idea of having a birth year grail. This is only one week off from being an 81 sadly. Almost there

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tobacco sunburst Customs are perfection.

Beautiful guitar. I'm green with envy.

your idol

Reaction score
Hey B, here's your twin sister....
The 1980 "Closet Queen" (still perfect condition I might add) and her Chainsaw case.
View attachment 485224
Id say theyre a spot on match. You might have me on cleanliness by a hair! Mine would look that good if i polished it and kept my damn hands off it. You and I have the same tastes.

scottyk

Reaction score
Id say theyre a spot on match. You might have me on cleanliness by a hair! Mine would look that good if i polished it and kept my damn hands off it. You and I have the same tastes.
We do indeed!
I'm feeling it's getting close to the time to pass along to someone who would appreciate her .

your idol

Reaction score
We do indeed!
I'm feeling it's getting close to the time to pass along to someone who would appreciate her .
Heck I think anyone in the world could appreciate a guitar like that. Theres just guitars out there that stir the soul! Thats one

scottyk

Reaction score
Heck I think anyone in the world could appreciate a guitar like that. Theres just guitars out there that stir the soul! Thats one
You are spot on B.
And...
There's many times I take some mild criticism from players/musicians for having such super clean guitars.
Doesn't bother me in the least.
Needs to be noted and understood that I am a collector far far more than any kind of player.
This is how I enjoy guitars.
Heck, even my amps are in the same kind of shape!

your idol

Reaction score
You are spot on B.
And...
There's many times I take some mild criticism from players/musicians for having such super clean guitars.
Doesn't bother me in the least.
Needs to be noted and understood that I am a collector far far more than any kind of player.
This is how I enjoy guitars.
Heck, even my amps are in the same kind of shape!
Im the same way. What my playing lacks in greatness my taste in the art of guitars is superb. Ill never be any bands shredder but i actually LOVE these instruments. I love these amps. They bring me joy very little else can rival and thats alright by me

your idol

Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar...couldn’t have gone to a nicer guy!
Much appreciated brother. Im not going to lie I was feeling like Id never get back to a Les Paul Custom. A couple of REALLLLY fortunate trades just landed me here. Luck fully filled my sails with wind. I couldnt have gotten one on my own and I traded some doozies to get here. Les Paul Customs are my home, guitar wise. I just feel like Mr.Lucky every time I touch it. I wish I had a fleet of them for different tunings but right now just stoked to have this guy. It told me it likes being tuned to D so Ive been pulling out old songs I havent played in a while.
5FA3DE5A-E031-4606-801C-6F1092ACD85C.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Threads