Delay Pedal, what do you guys like?

Dazza

Reaction score
MXR echoplex for me. I like the old school tone and ease of use. Just 3 knobs I can manipulate with my toe if needed. It put my Retrosonic away which in turn put my old DM2 / DM3 away.
There's just far too many choices these days. I keep it simple.

Daz

scooter500

Reaction score
TC Electronics Flashback works well enough for me, but I'd like to have one of the Electro-Harmonix Memory Mans

j5jarod777

Reaction score
I love the toneprint option you have with TC delays (Flashback, Flashback Mini, Alter Ego V1/V2). I currently have the Alter Ego V2, and love it. With the toneprint option you have "almost" unlimited possibilities of delay.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Electro Harmonix Memory Toy, but I'm into analog delay for the most part live. For digital delays I've always liked the Boss DD-3. It's not got a hand silk screened box or anything fancy, but it's bulletproof and does the business!

My two pennies

mikekim

Reaction score
i have a DD-7 on my main board and a Flashback 2 on my Floyd board for the 2290 setting and Binson toneprints

Rds

Reaction score
There's alot of cool ones mentioned up there /\
Mines an old timer a digitech pds1002 from the 80s. It has an output button I use as a boost in front of my amp but the only reason I still use this particular one is it has a bypass and a repeat/ hold button and makes delay infinit with quick soft tap buttons. I use it mainly in an extended solo and it's part of that routine. I've found no other delay that does that the same way with the soft tap buttons. I can tap it very quickly in and out so I'm kinda stuck with it if I want that routine I play. It sounds good though. Still! Rocking delay.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 for El Capistan.

Other than a beautiful high quality echo, has plenty of candies like a very good spring reverb sim, sound on sound options, and cool deep editing features. Really love it.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I only dabble in delay, but before Pro Guitar Shop closed up I bought an Alter Ego Limited Edition Vintage V2 for $140 CAD, shipped. It's $254 here.
It's fun to play with.