Decent padded strap?

TVvoodoo

Reaction score
I was gonna say, but.... sometimes guys have to find out for themselves.

Don't matter how pillowy or even "miracle space age" the padding is on a 2" wide strap. Pressure pounds down over only a 2" wide area and it's still gonna make you ache if you are prone to such discomforts.

Best of luck though!

ledvedder

Reaction score
Yep I realize that. But I like the style of it, so I'll give it a shot. If not, I'll exchange it.

jpfigueiredo

Reaction score
Yep I realize that. But I like the style of it, so I'll give it a shot. If not, I'll exchange it.
Please share your experience and some additional photos once you have it.

Really like the look of that and I'm interested, too.

pondcaster

Reaction score
I was gonna say, but.... sometimes guys have to find out for themselves.

Don't matter how pillowy or even "miracle space age" the padding is on a 2" wide strap. Pressure pounds down over only a 2" wide area and it's still gonna make you ache if you are prone to such discomforts.

Best of luck though!
The pad part of this one is pretty narrow, just an FYI.
Hope the OP ends up with his preference, but the above.has been my experience, fwiw.

Used to have those style on all my Teles even though they were usually light, comparatively.

Look cool. But with my Les Pauls (9 lb & 9.5), those are not comfortable at all. Actually made my 55yr old shoulder sore after 3 hrs rehearsal. Three inchers for my LPs from here on out.

nomadh

Reaction score
Hope the OP ends up with his preference, but the above.has been my experience, fwiw.

Used to have those style on all my Teles even though they were usually light, comparatively.

Look cool. But with my Les Pauls (9 lb & 9.5), those are not comfortable at all. Actually made my 55yr old shoulder sore after 3 hrs rehearsal. Three inchers for my LPs from here on out.
Yea same here. And beyond that it seems the pad is never where you want it. It seems to keep moving but you dont notice until it starts getting to you. Seems like it should work but not much for me.
I give another vote to well-hung straps. Padded all across the back and really makes a difference. Dozens of cool designs. I've tried some of the others like levy and Walker William's but just no comparison. I feel it even on lighter guitars after a few hours.
Check them out. And great customer support.

TVvoodoo

Reaction score
If you have a floating pad strap you like, but want the pad to stay, you can get some of those sticky velcro strips and put in inch or two in the right place to keep it from sliding all over. I also know a guy that makes a version of the floatin' pad strap that doesn't float so easy, and also sports a 3" wide pad.

Last edited:

Therealrichguk

Reaction score
I can’t recommend Well-Hung straps enough to do them justice.

I had both shoulders operated on and couldn’t bear a strap for more than about 30 minutes, and the next day was a write-off

Brad made me one of his shock and awe series, and it is the most comfortable strap I’ve ever used, by far!

The order was custom, and the communication and whole process was just superb, I was so happy with it I threw together a short showreel.

Have a look at the shop on Reverb

If there’s nothing there that floats your boat, then tell Brad what you’re after! You’ll be glad you did!!

F10D6420-F379-45D9-8A60-79786F2DD7B1.jpeg
FEA7327F-EF97-4B2B-9492-BC86F75307D2.jpeg
A1DC92DC-DBDD-4A73-98A3-9CB6E0C95AAB.jpeg
0D1C0357-FDC3-4E56-8E06-768DD0A675A6.jpeg
2AEED6E7-EEB0-4221-A03E-D16AF56E3827.jpeg
6D2EB711-CF29-4DA2-84F7-9EBE0765FA27.jpeg

questionman

Reaction score
I got a promo email from Italia Straps saying get 2 for 1. I needed a new strap for my Tele and I have a 11lb LP so I figured I would try the wide one for that

I love them, very comfortable nice looking leather straps. Could not recommend them more. I have a Levys strap that I can’t find anywhere that I love and use on my Custom but it has a metal loop on it and I don’t want to use it on my historic because it leaves marks left and right and I actually like the Italia straps more. Can get a little costly but these straps are going to last me a very long time

Telechamp

Reaction score

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
i would avoid any straps with neoprene/stretch in them. Sure, it sounds comfortable, but due to the elasticity, the guitar is bouncing all over the place and it really wears you out prematurely. I recommend something sturdy and inelastic

Reactions: Who

ledvedder

Reaction score
Gotta agree on the Walker & Williams straps.

I've got the extra wide double padded distressed leather "Bomber Jacket" W&W strap, and it's perfect for my Studio. I like this particular W&W strap a lot. It feels great, and is very high quality.

I just ordered this one. The Slash one is going back. Folks were correct, it is very thin.

dspelman

Reaction score
I can’t recommend Well-Hung straps enough to do them justice.

I had both shoulders operated on and couldn’t bear a strap for more than about 30 minutes, and the next day was a write-off

Brad made me one of his shock and awe series, and it is the most comfortable strap I’ve ever used, by far!

The order was custom, and the communication and whole process was just superb, I was so happy with it I threw together a short showreel.

Have a look at the shop on Reverb

If there’s nothing there that floats your boat, then tell Brad what you’re after! You’ll be glad you did!!

View attachment 498812 View attachment 498813 View attachment 498814 View attachment 498815 View attachment 498816 View attachment 498817

DAYUM! I had a jockstrap made of that same material (some of the same patches)! Outstanding!

Wesner477

Reaction score
What strap would you recommend for my new Classic? Something wide enough and padded to minimize shoulder fatigue. I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a strap.

I got this one from Amazon, but it's going back. Super cheap plastic buckles, and it jabs into my back. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087QDYBCC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_h1QPFbYRXJJXP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I would check Amazon for the KLIQ Air Cell. It’s padded like a champ, 3” wide and comfortable for hours.

phazyme

Reaction score
What strap would you recommend for my new Classic? Something wide enough and padded to minimize shoulder fatigue. I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a strap.

I got this one from Amazon, but it's going back. Super cheap plastic buckles, and it jabs into my back. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087QDYBCC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_h1QPFbYRXJJXP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

F25FB941-F09C-4D2F-B064-D88E9BBCCD8E.jpeg

phazyme

Reaction score

The photo above is of the Roger Sadowsky strap. Roger made the Jimmy Bruno guitar for a while and while Jimmy was playing it that era he usually used that strap. It’s great.

Latest Threads