Decent discount Slash LP these days?

SD1030

Reaction score
What’s a decent discount these days on a LP Slash November Burst? Should we still be aiming for 20% off, and 15% for the guitar we can’t live without? I’ve been in talks with an out of state independent shop and the most they’re giving is about 10%

Last edited:

SD1030

Reaction score
yea I saw that too. I told them to price match but they said they they are not able to because technically these online retailers aren’t able to advertise at those prices?

But they are willing to shave off the tax so it kinda amounts to the same as purchasing at the $2499 price point…

Should I be expecting them to price match?

Gold_topped

Reaction score
If you are looking in the used market, I have seen them here as low as 2000 in the past months, from reputable members. Deals do pop up.

jbash

Reaction score
I see them at AMS right now for $2499 new.
Never mind/Edit- you are correct....looks like the blem is 2449, and they are selling new for $2500. That's nuts.

The red and green ones have been on sale for months as they are limited colors and being phased out.

SD1030

Reaction score
That is a blemished model.

They are $3199 otherwise.

The red and green ones have been on sale for months as they are limited colors and being phased out.
I’ve seen November bursts on sale at those prices too. On Zz sound also. Those listings don’t appear to be blemished…

I could be wrong though

jbash

Reaction score
I’ve seen November bursts on sale at those prices too. On Zz sound also. Those listings don’t appear to be blemished…

I could be wrong though
I edited my post. It looks as though AMS/ZZounds is blowing them out. I'm guessing something new is coming for Xmas/NAMM.

Peter M

Reaction score
Never mind/Edit- you are correct....looks like the blem is 2449, and they are selling new for $2500. That's nuts.

Yeah, I did a doubletake too. No, NB is the latest to get the $2499 sale price. Kinda silly now to buy a blemished at $2449.

SD1030

Reaction score
That's a line. You have a large online dealer in AMS selling them all day at $2499. Price match = matching the posted sell price.

Also, not sure why they would shave off sales tax. I guess they were never audited before.
So is that a bogus line then? Loll technically they’ll amount to the close in price, but I also wonder why they couldn’t price match…

He means not charge me tax since he’ll be shipping out of state.

jbash

Reaction score
Yeah, I did a doubletake too. No, NB is the latest to get the $2499 sale price. Kinda silly now to buy a blemished at $2449.
Exactly.

I'd love to have a November to pair up with my Amber- $2499 is less than I paid for the amber over 2 years ago.

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
If anyone can point me to a slash November burst with a serial starting with 2331xxxx I would definitely pop you a $20. Looking for one that was built on 11/27, and as most of the ones I’ve seen for sale are 2021 models, that should be the right date. Thanks

SD1030

Reaction score
So back to my question lol

Do you guys think they should be price-matching? Or is that too much to ask an independent Gibson retail shop?

Reaction score
I see them at AMS right now for $2499 new.
I've seen them on zZounds for the same price, which is kinds annoying, I was in the market for one and I "settled" for a bourbon burst Standard '50s with a AAA top because it was $300 cheaper. Now I could get a Slash Les Paul for less than what I paid. But I'm really happy for the people who are going to get good deals.

jbash

Reaction score

Do you guys think they should be price-matching? Or is that too much to ask an independent Gibson retail shop?
Small shops don't have the purchasing power or ability to survive under the same slim margins as the big online retailers do. They deal in FAR less volume and thus never got the guitars at a similar price as AMS/ZZz/Whomever, and they need to make more on each instrument to stay in business. So at a certain point it's no longer good business for them to haggle, and I don't ever get into a pissing match about prices with them- If they can cut me some slack, great. if not, I make a decision basd on circumstances* They have an entirely different business model/plan they need to adhere to.

I prefer to deal with a *good* Mom & Pop if I have the funds in hand. If I need to finance/make payments then I go online.

YMMV

*If I pick up a guitar and it's a monster player/tone machine, I know I might pay less online for the same guitar model, but it's a crapshoot whether I will get a better guitar- and so I go with the known entity- even though it may be more $.

smk506

Reaction score

Depends on the shop and how sales are I guess.

If they’d rather wait for a customer willing to spend the whole hog then that’s their prerogative.

To flip the script a little, if you think you’re getting the runaround, why keep trying with them if you can get a cheaper price elsewhere?

SD1030

Reaction score
good things to consider. Basically, these guys took a bunch of Live Photos (not like the stock photos or professionally-edited dark photos that a lot of retailers have) and a video of the top and emailed them to me. The flametop on this one is quite exceptional. So in a way I guess I know exactly what I’m getting.

The question is can I find another mom-pop shop that will do the same and honor the price match of $2500, in addition to the tax savings of shipping out of state.

I may just spend the extra $400 and go for it. It’s nice to know exactly what you’re getting.

Thoughts?

WishIStillHadThatOne

Reaction score

But it’s the red and November burst that are 2499

jbash

Reaction score
But it’s the red and November burst that are 2499
Several months ago, Gibson indicated that the limited edition colors (Red and Green) were being discontinued and they both went on sale everywhere. As for the discrepancy now with only Red and November at AMS/ZZounds my suggestion would be to call the retailers or Gibson for answers- I'm not privy to their business decisions.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
good things to consider. Basically, these guys took a bunch of Live Photos (not like the stock photos or professionally-edited dark photos that a lot of retailers have) and a video of the top and emailed them to me. The flametop on this one is quite exceptional. So in a way I guess I know exactly what I’m getting.

The question is can I find another mom-pop shop that will do the same and honor the price match of $2500, in addition to the tax savings of shipping out of state.

I may just spend the extra $400 and go for it. It’s nice to know exactly what you’re getting.

Thoughts?
if you know what it weighs and are happy with it id go for it,rather than gamble on finding another good one.

1allspub

Reaction score
Maybe I’m a sucker, but I’ve never gotten 20% off a new LP... best I’ve done (a few times) is 15%... most recently (a month ago) at Melody Music Shop in Bloomington, IN when I bought my new ‘22 LPC. It was an in-person purchase though. But I’ve gotten 15% from Wildwood before and that wasn’t in-person—wasn’t purely online either as I did call and talk to someone and negotiate.

Latest Threads