December 2019 - Backing Track of the Month

Orange Lester

Reaction score
Ok, folks! Here it is... Turn up the distortion and rock on with your bad self! This one was fun to jam along with. Hope you all enjoy. Please post a track if you haven't participated before. This is so much fun and the folks who regularry contribute are fun, friendly, and are encouraging to each other.

Rock ON!

https://soundcloud.com/jay-ellisor%2F80s-hard-rock-em !

Here is the BTOM mantra:

If this is your first time, here are the guidelines.

What is it?
Every month I'll post a new backing track. It can be from any genre.
Download the track and record a solo over it.
Post your solo here along with what gear you used, recording equipment, and effects added. The more description you give the better.
I'm going to try and keep the backing tracks to under 2 minutes. Anything more is too daunting. Feel free to shorten it even more.
Try to get your recording in by the 3rd week of the month. We'll start over each month.
I'll take ideas on backing tracks so if you have a request, let me know.

Why do this?
Because it'll be fun!
I think this will be a great way to share ideas and see how each other interpret a piece differently. It will also be a good way to share recording techniques and receive overall feedback on our playing if we desire it.
This is NOT a competition!!!
Majority of people on here post great feedback in a helpful constructive way.

"But Bluto I'm scared!!!"
Look, I get it. Many of us are insecure about posting any of our own playing online. This is a safe place. I'm no guitar god. Keep it fun and I bet you'll learn a thing or two. If you're still unsure, read this: The Man In The Arena. Don't be that cold timid soul.

Last edited:

belleswell

Reaction score
Last edited:

Orange Lester

Reaction score
ok, folks, lets hear your track! Come on in, the water is fine!

parts

Reaction score
Maybe later..left hand and fingers really haven't healed well.. Haven't played in awhile..but CBD helps but still busted fingers are stiff and bent..

Latest Threads