Dec 2020 BTOTM

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok, Drop tune that Strat and get it on...

https://soundcloud.com/jay-ellisor%2Fcold-shot-style-12b-blues .. This is in the key of Eb.

Here is the BTOM mantra:

If this is your first time, here are the guidelines.

What is it?
Every month I'll post a new backing track. It can be from any genre.
Download the track and record a solo over it.
Post your solo here along with what gear you used, recording equipment, and effects added. The more description you give the better.
I'm going to try and keep the backing tracks to under 2 minutes. Anything more is too daunting. Feel free to shorten it even more.
Try to get your recording in by the 3rd week of the month. We'll start over each month.
I'll take ideas on backing tracks so if you have a request, let me know.

Why do this?
Because it'll be fun!
I think this will be a great way to share ideas and see how each other interpret a piece differently. It will also be a good way to share recording techniques and receive overall feedback on our playing if we desire it.
This is NOT a competition!!!
Majority of people on here post great feedback in a helpful constructive way.

"But Bluto I'm scared!!!"
Look, I get it. Many of us are insecure about posting any of our own playing online. This is a safe place. I'm no guitar god. Keep it fun and I bet you'll learn a thing or two. If you're still unsure, read this: The Man In The Arena. Don't be that cold timid soul.

-peace

James

Last edited:

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone enjoys this track. Please encourage others to join. Last months participation was up. Let's make it a trend and thanks to all who posted in November. Its always neat to see how people react to a track based on style and their current location on the journey. Downloads have now been enabled... Good grief..LOL

Take care, everyone.

Last edited:

cowsgomoo

Reaction score
it's ok when it gets to the repeated bit, but the intro, with the drums and then the stop really just seems to force you to play 'cold shot' over it

it's in G#m btw, not Eb

DotStudio

Reaction score
it's ok when it gets to the repeated bit, but the intro, with the drums and then the stop really just seems to force you to play 'cold shot' over it

it's in G#m btw, not Eb
Ha, I started to play it in E flat when it was first posted. Thought I was going crazy for a minute.

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Major system upgrades at work have kept me from posting this month. I'll give this a stab. Off to find a jam track to kick off the new year...maybe this time I wont trust the authors key designation and check it before posting... LOL

Happy New year, guitar friends

gadafi

Reaction score
Did I pick a dud this month?
Sorry mate I was flat out @ work leading up to the Xmas break and then doing Xmas stuff over the break.....back to work next week :mad: but the main reason is I can't play Texas blues. Great work by para and belles!

Latest Threads