Dean Soltero SL - MIJ Les Paul goodness

Barryj

Reaction score
Up for grabs is a Dean Soltero SL - a slightly different twist on the normal Les Paul formula. These made in Japan versions are pretty uncommon, and are a big jump up in quality and specs from the Korean version. Here are some of the specs:

- Ebony fingerboard
- Dimarzio pickups custom made for this model
- rounded neck profile - I'd still put this one in the 60's camp, but it doesn't have the 'V' shape of the other Soltero versions
- satin chrome tune-o-matic bridge and normal stop tail piece
- Grover tuners
- thick flame maple top on this one with a very unique top carve

Ridiculous craftsmanship on this one - fretwork is some of the best I've seen. All solid, weighing in at 9 lb. 2 oz. Comes with a rectangular Dean hardshell case. Very, very clean - with the exception of an unfortunate chip on the back tip of the headstock (shown below and in the gallery)

Gallery here - https://goo.gl/photos/QDgcb9tB8YGAo5yh6

$750 gets this one to your door. As for trades - not likely, but you never know.....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

jstarr823

Reaction score
Wow. That's the nicest Dean I've ever seen. GLWTS.

THDNUT

Reaction score
I'm in Phoenix so it looks like I won't be able to come over and try it out. :cool2:

GLWTS! Great price!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Up for grabs is a Dean Soltero SL - a slightly different twist on the normal Les Paul formula. These made in Japan versions are pretty uncommon, and are a big jump up in quality and specs from the Korean version. Here are some of the specs:

- Ebony fingerboard
- Dimarzio pickups custom made for this model
- rounded neck profile - I'd still put this one in the 60's camp, but it doesn't have the 'V' shape of the other Soltero versions
- satin chrome tune-o-matic bridge and normal stop tail piece
- Grover tuners
- thick flame maple top on this one with a very unique top carve

Ridiculous craftsmanship on this one - fretwork is some of the best I've seen. All solid, weighing in at 9 lb. 2 oz. Comes with a rectangular Dean hardshell case. Very, very clean - with the exception of an unfortunate chip on the back tip of the headstock (shown below and in the gallery)

Gallery here - https://goo.gl/photos/QDgcb9tB8YGAo5yh6

$750 gets this one to your door. As for trades - not likely, but you never know.....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Different yet extremely cool. :dude: .

My Les Paul Classifieds