Deadpool ...and other movies for Malikon (and other Gamers)

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to see the Deadpool movie today. Yeah, Mal you need to see it - it does the character good ! Reynolds pulls off the wise-crackin' perfectly. That Hollywood would actually make a movie this over-the-top is actually pleasantly surprising.

They had a trailer before the show for Hardcore Henry. this will be a movie shot from the first person perspective. Wikipedia calls it a "First-person-shooter" movie. Looks pretty cool, and may be the first real crossover between games and movies. Not sure an audience can sit for a full film shot in first person mode, but it may give a taste of what the VR experience may provide.

Bats Vs. Supes Trailer was damn good too. Even with the Batfleck.

PeteK

Reaction score
And coming next month, comic book movie number 226,648,982.

I'll admit, this one looks good, but FFS can we have some non comic book blockbusters every once in a while?

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And coming next month, comic book movie number 226,648,982.

I'll admit, this one looks good, but FFS can we have some non comic book blockbusters every once in a while?

No

That would require writers and taking a chance

Hollywood isn't interested in either. :laugh2:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
and alien ninjas!

..with battlecruisers!

Pew! Pew!

GYd0h79.jpg

DRF

Reaction score
To me the real Dead Pool movie is still the Clint Eastwood one...welcome tO THE JUNGLE

Reaction score
I just can't make myself accept the idea of Reynolds as Deadpool.

It's his fvcking voice. It's all wrong. DP should be a gruff brand of IDGAF. Not Reynold's slightly too high pitched to be threatening, d-bag bro voice.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought he's doing a good job in the trailers. Dpool is a smartass sarcastic motormouth

JA5mlNY.jpg

MBxSG1K.jpg

32iKtN5.jpg

Reaction score
Absolutely, he's a smartass. But Reynolds has a whispy - I can't think of a politically correct way to describe it - voice with absolutely zero bass just doesn't say Deadpool to me.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
what did you think of the Deadpool voice in the video game?

language NSFW​
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQqzQdjAcw[/ame]

Reaction score
It ain't perfect, but it's better. It has a little edge to it, and is certainly more masculine.

Reynolds' voice is just soft. His natural pitch is like something I'd use to try to calm a young child that was lost. He does not the tonez.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I went to see the Deadpool movie today. Yeah, Mal you need to see it - it does the character good ! Reynolds pulls off the wise-crackin' perfectly. That Hollywood would actually make a movie this over-the-top is actually pleasantly surprising.

They had a trailer before the show for Hardcore Henry. this will be a movie shot from the first person perspective. Wikipedia calls it a "First-person-shooter" movie. Looks pretty cool, and may be the first real crossover between games and movies. Not sure an audience can sit for a full film shot in first person mode, but it may give a taste of what the VR experience may provide.

Bats Vs. Supes Trailer was damn good too. Even with the Batfleck.

Deadpool was pretty good. Even the opening credits were awesome.

Batman vs Superman HAD a chance to be OK until they cast a super-dweeb Lex Luthor. WTF were they thinking.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Deadpool was GREAT!

I was worried about Ryan Reynolds because of Green Lantern and the wolverine movie, but he played Deadpool perfectly.

The movie was so funny, I was in pain laughing so much.

The fight scenes were good to.

Only negative was that the previews gave a little too much away.

As far as Reynolds voice, I can't see Deadpool, having a super deep growling voice, he is too much of smart ass.

PeteK

Reaction score
Didn't Ryan Reynolds play Deadpool in one of the X-Men movies and they sowed his mouth shut?

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Didn't Ryan Reynolds play Deadpool in one of the X-Men movies and they sowed his mouth shut?

Yeah, and Reynolds was pissed about that movie. They even made fun of it in this movie.

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
what did you think of the Deadpool voice in the video game?

language NSFW​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQqzQdjAcw

Yeah, ... that's Nolan North, the guy that did the Uncharted games, and about a thousand others. Probably one of the biggest game VO guys there is.

Doesn't matter who does the voice, if you've got something in your head after reading the comics, you won't be able to accept it if it's NOT what you imagined.

I thought Reynolds (more properly the writers, although he was involved and there was a lot of ad libbing) captured the attitude perfectly. I was also pretty impressed with the directing, as it really sort of captured the comic book look. Things looked like they could be divided into panels. Particularly the opening credits - that was pretty inventive and established the tone quite well. For a first time director, he set a pretty high standard. His background was stunts, and since the bulk of this movie was stunt-based, well, it just fit.

The villain was a little weak, but the quipping with the bartender sidekick, the girl, and particularly the "gratuitous X-men wanna-be's" was perfect. The irreverence to and acknowledgement of it being a "comic book universe" made it even more fun. I actually think that Marvel is hitting a good balance between its "serious, main-line comic series" (Avengers, et al.), and its "B-team properties" (loved GoTG, Ant Man, and this). Man, I'm glad I own Disney stock.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
saw it, it was great. I thought it really captured the vibe and mood of Deadpool.

Cool seeing Gina Carano too. She had a bigger part then I thought she would.

100% CGI Cyclops was interesting too. Kind of odd we're just now really seeing him.

The inside jokes (don't animate the costume! don't sew my mouth shut!) were really good too.

The sex scene was........interesting.

and damn that GF/woman is sexy as hell. Saw her in V, Gotham, this,.....still not tired of seeing her

deadringer

Reaction score
Umm that was Colossus, not Cyclops. :cool:

All the X-Men movies thus far have done Cyclops a great disservice, seeing as he was the first X-Man. That's another story though.

Deadpool was an excellent movie though. Loved the line about how it would look huge in his baby hand. :laugh2:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah, my bad. Must've wrote the wrong word when I typed the post for the third time.

TIMED OUT!!

The webpage you are trying to reach is unavailable, perhaps try one of our other boards that also are not currently working

Latest Threads