Dayummm... "new" R0 day...

Red_Label

Reaction score
Walked into my buddy's store today... taking one guitar back. I demo all kinds of crap from there, a perk of spending at least $100K over 30+ years, not to mention being one of my best friends. And somehow I walked out with that very same guitar (new Tom Anderson shorty Classic in candy red), and also drug this thing home. I've had an R0 before, that was the favorite one of him and the sales guys there, that they've ever had. But then this thing comes and it slays even that one. It's used, and has a tasteful top (the other two Reissues currently there have nicer tops), but this thing is just so flawless in every day. I've never played an LP that was setup better, felt better to play, or sounded better. This might actually be one that actually sticks around for a while... bucking the ever-present trend of things coming and going as if I own a music store myself, a fact that just thrills my wife beyond words (into forever disappointed looks... LOL!)

Red_Label

Reaction score
:wow:

your amp collection is bananas btw

that guitar is so effing bad...love everything about it

-chris
Thanks. I've had nearly as many amps over the years as guitars. The Friedman JJ there is my 7th Friedman. My favorite rock amps by far. I had an older BE100 that was probably my favorite, but the newer BE100 Deluxe heads may be my new favorite. It's insane and I've been very close to bringing it home. If I was gigging in the past year, I'd already have one. But I just can't justify to myself having that amp right now with no playing out. The little JJ will do pretty much everything the big BE/JJ/SS heads will. Just gotta work a little harder to get those tones. Anyways... this new LP will probably push back the BE for a while longer. My buddy likes having that head in the high end room anyways, as it sells a lot of nice guitars! Including the LP today. Best sounding amp I've ever plugged into. If I toured with some national act, I'd have a rack with three of 'em in there... stereo rig and a spare. NOTHING you couldn't slay with that rig.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've had nearly as many amps over the years as guitars. The Friedman JJ there is my 7th Friedman. My favorite rock amps by far. I had an older BE100 that was probably my favorite, but the newer BE100 Deluxe heads may be my new favorite. It's insane and I've been very close to bringing it home. If I was gigging in the past year, I'd already have one. But I just can't justify to myself having that amp right now with no playing out. The little JJ will do pretty much everything the big BE/JJ/SS heads will. Just gotta work a little harder to get those tones. Anyways... this new LP will probably push back the BE for a while longer. My buddy likes having that head in the high end room anyways, as it sells a lot of nice guitars! Including the LP today. Best sounding amp I've ever plugged into. If I toured with some national act, I'd have a rack with three of 'em in there... stereo rig and a spare. NOTHING you couldn't slay with that rig.
I am so happy for you...
you Truly have a masterpiece in the r0...and with those other lesters and assorted axes along with an OUTSTANDING amp collection, u hve it all..’

HNR0D
so excited for u...and jealous of ur amps :h5:

-chris

Latest Threads