Days Gone PS4

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I run into hordes I get all stupid, start flailing on the buttons and shit, next thing I know, they literally swallow me up whole.
Fucking heart is pumping and the whole nine yards. :rofl:
They ain’t no joke!
LOL, that definitely happens. Don't forget to use a stamina cocktail. That way you can run for a long time without your stamina bar missing. Another thing I did that was a little outside of the game was constantly open the map and look for Nero checkpoints where you can get the injectors and choose health, stamina focus. I went all health and stamina up front. Worried about Focus later.

But one of the biggest keys to hordes is walking around the surrounding landscape and ind of plot where you're going to run. Admittedly you'll need to run a while so you can't plan the whole route. But maybe the first 5 turns. Another tip is climb a building or as mentioned jump a fence or barrier. They will go all dumb on you and pile up in that area for 5 seconds till they figure out how to hop the area. While they're all confuse, molotov the piss out of them.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
What! You get to kill Tweakers!!!

...oh...oh... Freakers,... I see..
They want to make it clear they're freakers and not zombies cause they're so many zombie things out (games, shows, movies, etc)

Spoiler alert: They're fuckin zombies.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also don't forget to use explosive barrels and gas cans and stuff. Place some proximity mines by those so you don't even have to turn around to shoot.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Version 1.11 auto updated this morning.
Same last night for me. 3 more hordes down. It's somewhat confusing to find some of them even with pinning it on your map. Seems many of them are split into a few groups in an area and then all come running when you start firing

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Everything is a lot harder to kill on this level. Taking on a horde is gonna take a lot of planning now...

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Getting some good speed this morning...:dude:

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't get my playstation to update. 1.11 is fine but I have an actual 6.71 or something playstation update errorring out on me.

Obrien is a weirdo BTW

James R

Reaction score
Today’s the day.
I’m going to take out a horde, destroy every last one of those freaker fuckers... or die trying.

P.S.
It’s been nice knowing y’all. :laugh2:

James R

Reaction score
I can't get my playstation to update. 1.11 is fine but I have an actual 6.71 or something playstation update errorring out on me.

Obrien is a weirdo BTW
Did you get it to work?
I just did mine, worked fine but the Days Gone update took a while.

James R

Reaction score
FUCK YEAH!!
I’m officially one bad motherfucker of a horde killer.
Took out the one at the Horse Lake NERO site because I got killed there a couple times previously, and really felt like some revenge was in order.
I waited until night time when they were out of the train cars and walking around.
I got on top of the research trailer, ducked down behind some sandbags, and blasted a few shotgun shells to get their attention.
When they came around the corner I unloaded my entire Molotov inventory (6) onto them, then started blasting them with the MG45 or whatever it is.
I almost died because they somehow got up on the roof behind me and started to swarm me, but I bailed off the roof and led them through the proximity mines I set up near explosive stuff before hand.
Bad fucking ass!
I feel like I just won the Super Bowl. :rofl:

Last edited:

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you get it to work?
I just did mine, worked fine but the Days Gone update took a while.
Nope. It's been trying to for over a week. I'm going to read up on it and see if there's a known problem.

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Is anybody running this game on a PS4 Pro? I'm playing it on a regular PS4 running into a 4K tv and it looks great. I imagine it would look even better through the Pro.

I have been patiently waiting for the PS5, but it looks like it's a no go again until maybe end of next year.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anybody running this game on a PS4 Pro? I'm playing it on a regular PS4 running into a 4K tv and it looks great. I imagine it would look even better through the Pro.

I have been patiently waiting for the PS5, but it looks like it's a no go again until maybe end of next year.
I'm on pro and 4k TV. It's rad

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Done. 100% clear with all hordes. 89% of stuff found. Great game. Not playing it again but I don't really play any game twice so not an indictment on it.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Free DLC

Each week beginning in June, a new Bike, Horde, or Combat challenge will be deployed to test players even further. These challenges take key gameplay features of Days Gone, and twists them in unique ways to earn additional items and rewards. We’ll give you more information on the specific challenges down the road

I'm probably a no on this

Last edited:

EndGame00

Reaction score
For all the video games I've seen and played, TLOU is the most emotionally draining, Horizon Zero Dawn has the best plot , sub-plot and storyline I've come across...my kids are still grinding through Days Gone....

They need to bring back Infamous with Cole McGrath... I didnt like the other "Infamous" with that hipster main character... Didn't care about it....

James R

Reaction score
For all the video games I've seen and played, TLOU is the most emotionally draining, Horizon Zero Dawn has the best plot , sub-plot and storyline I've come across...my kids are still grinding through Days Gone....

They need to bring back Infamous with Cole McGrath... I didnt like the other "Infamous" with that hipster main character... Didn't care about it....
Infamous was fun, but so damned repetitive that it got old fairly quickly.
I agree about TLOU being draining on your emotions, I find Days Gone like that too - to an extent.
I played for quite a few hours on Saturday and I started feeling very restless and kind of sour by the time I turned it off.
It’s just a dark game, concept and gameplay wise.
It almost felt like a weight came off me when I turned it off and went outside, kind of like shaking off an oppressed feeling or something.
Idk, hard to explain, but I can’t do marathon runs of it or else I start to go a little goofy.

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Free DLC

Each week beginning in June, a new Bike, Horde, or Combat challenge will be deployed to test players even further. These challenges take key gameplay features of Days Gone, and twists them in unique ways to earn additional items and rewards. We’ll give you more information on the specific challenges down the road

I'm probably a no on this
I'm all over that. First I have to beat the game on hard mode though. :shock: