Days Gone PS4

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is coming today via mail with a few preorder codes from game stop. I posted some videos in the "Video Game Thread"

I thought this game was doomed, but it looks like it came together pretty decent.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm very tempted but I feel so burned on that broken POS called Anthem (that I paid full price for and couldn't get a refund on), that now I'm going to wait a while and see how all the reviews are. Maybe a month or two from now if the reviews are still good and the first couple inevitable patches don't break anything I'll get the game.

sputnik

Reaction score
I’ve been looking forward to this game since it was announced. It has terrible reviews. Really disappointed. I still may pick it up.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard it compared to RDR2 without the bullshit of cleaning guns. I think the hater crew got this one too quick before being able to fix bugs, which delayed it. I bet it will be just fine from all the new videos the past 3-4 days.

If people complain that it only takes 1 hit to kill a zombie thing rather than a few like Last of Us then to me thats not a complaint. There are times where you will have 300 of them on you.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
IGN gave it 6.5

said it's repetitive and lots of doing the same thing over and over for dozens of hours.

definitely has some bugs/glitches/and pop-up that needs fixing. And that was running on a PS4 Pro.

I'll still probably end up getting it because I like this style of game a lot (TLoU, Uncharted, Tomb Raider). Maybe the price will drop a bit in a couple months.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be 30 hours of story play. I could see myself just cruising around for an hour killing things.Kinda like a GTA free ride. We'll see Sunday. I'll probably put 2-3 hours into it and see. I still have RDR2 in plastic at the house. This, RDR2, and Last of Us 2, and the 7 part Tomb Raider DSL are going to take up probably my year. Mixed in with MLB the Show which I have been playing online a ton.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I want to play RDR2 but I hate the idea of micromanaging my inventory. Having to shave, and clean the clothes, and clean the guns and all that stuff.

Don't mind having an inventory to manage but there's levels of involvement I'm not all that interested in. :laugh2:

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to play RDR2 but I hate the idea of micromanaging my inventory. Having to shave, and clean the clothes, and clean the guns and all that stuff.

Don't mind having an inventory to manage but there's levels of involvement I'm not all that interested in. :laugh2:
Absolutely my thoughts as well.

PeteK

Reaction score

You don't have to do any of that. If you don't mind having a huge beard and your clothes getting dirty just dont shave and shower. Any time you change clothes they are automatically cleaned anyways. Also you could never clean your guns and it really doesn't have that big of an effect. They don't jam or anything. You'll have a slightly slower fire rate and damage. But honestly the difference between the best guns and the worst guns is already marginal so the guns needing to be cleaned is barely noticeable. Especially later in the game when you dead eye headshot everyone

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't have to do any of that. If you don't mind having a huge beard and your clothes getting dirty just dont shave and shower. Any time you change clothes they are automatically cleaned anyways. Also you could never clean your guns and it really doesn't have that big of an effect. They don't jam or anything. You'll have a slightly slower fire rate and damage. But honestly the difference between the best guns and the worst guns is already marginal so the guns needing to be cleaned is barely noticeable. Especially later in the game when you dead eye headshot everyone
I read you have to take care of your horse (as a must) by brushing and petting and shit. No?

PeteK

Reaction score
I read you have to take care of your horse (as a must) by brushing and petting and shit. No?
Again, another thing you don't have to do, but can if you want. You'll get a slight stamina downgrade if your horse is dirty and a slight health decrease if you don't feed it. Both things are barely noticeable other than visually you can see your horse get dirty, but if you run through some water it cleans it off. The brush and feed actions are both quick. Like 3 seconds and you really only have to do it maybe once per game day, which isn't often. The gun cleaning is even less. Maybe every few days

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again, another thing you don't have to do, but can if you want. You'll get a slight stamina downgrade if your horse is dirty and a slight health decrease if you don't feed it. Both things are barely noticeable other than visually you can see your horse get dirty, but if you run through some water it cleans it off. The brush and feed actions are both quick. Like 3 seconds and you really only have to do it maybe once per game day, which isn't often. The gun cleaning is even less. Maybe every few days
i thought your horsey became a bitch and started bucking and got uncontrollable or some shit. Good to know.

PeteK

Reaction score
i thought your horsey became a bitch and started bucking and got uncontrollable or some shit. Good to know.
No nothing crazy like that. They get skinny. You can go to a stable and for $5 the "horse care package" will reset it to normal weight if you don't want to feed it. But honestly, you can feed and brush without dismounting and you don't have to do it very often. I never thought it was that big a deal. As far as the guns, I've forgot all about cleaning them a few times and noticed the cleanliness bar was at zero and it showed some stat downgrades that I wouldn't have even noticed if the stat bar didn't show it. So you can either take the 5 seconds to clean, or not. Or when you're in a gun store, for a few bucks they will clean all your guns instantly