Dave Mustaine Joins Gibson, Epiphone, Kramer

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Dave Mustaine of thrash titans Megadeth is joining the Gibson family with his signature Flying V under the Gibson and Kramer brands.

Epiphone models are promised but nothing is shown yet.

Surprisingly, there is also an acoustic signature from Gibson as well.

unnamed-16.jpg

unnamed-17.jpg
unnamed-19.jpg

Models will come with Dave's Signature pickups from Seymour Duncan, likely his current Thrash Factor model.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
I'm excited and I like the Kramer look.

It'll be cool to have more metal artists with Gibson. Bill Kelliher of Mastodon had a few sigs with Gibson 10 years ago and left for ESP, saying Gibson offered no support and was difficult to work with.

Hopefully that doesn't happen here, but Dave has been with a number of brands over the years so we'll see what happens.

felipevsw

Reaction score
When I saw the video I thought initially "wtf an acoustic is doing there?!" :laugh2:

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
He's wanted to do this since his buyout of Jackson fell through. Henry's team couldn't get the deal together. I'm stoked to see an explorer headstock on a flying V, they did it for one of Joe's signature Les Pauls, why not the V?

Gitter

Reaction score
He's wanted to do this since his buyout of Jackson fell through. Henry's team couldn't get the deal together. I'm stoked to see an explorer headstock on a flying V, they did it for one of Joe's signature Les Pauls, why not the V?
I also remember it having something to do with Henry not wanting to do a 24 fret V, which never made sense to me since they had done 24 frets on other models. The explorer headstock seems natural since it was already done on the 80's XPL Fying V.
1614195499402.png

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I want the headstock to match. I like the guitars.

BKS

Reaction score
Want that Gibson V.... Probably never gonna happen...

Saiko

Reaction score
Good stuff, it seems that Gibson has really turned their artist relations department around since Henry J. got canned. Maybe they can revisit the Hetfield deal... One can dream.

Good looking guitars and I am happy that Dave is getting some recognition from Gibson.

Saiko

Reaction score
I hope they do.
And Kirk too, I would love a lineup of his USA made LPs
I still think a copy of Kirk's 1989 LP Custom will happen one day... I just hope they make more than they did of the Flying V. I want to keep my black Custom stock but if I ever get a second one, it's getting black hardware and EMGs because Kirk was one of my first guitar heroes.

But hey, Cantrell is getting a signature Les Paul and now Mustaine is getting a few V's so that's something!

metalmike222

Reaction score
A Gibson V is next on my guitar bucket list. The Explorer headstocks on these are a cool feature to really make them standout, which I like. I also just found out today that I'm going to be getting a $5K bonus from work sometime in the next few months. Now comes the hardest part... talking my wife into letting me spend some of that money on a Mustaine V! The only thing I would change is that I would want one to either be black or a stain of some sort. I know that there are some promo shots of a black version with binding, but that one is likely to be a Custom Shop model, which I can't afford... I also know Dave is really known for the silver V, but other than black, I'm just not really into solid colors on guitars.

Latest Threads