Dave mustaine goes Gibson?

redking

Reaction score
I thought he was going to play Kramer, but the Gibson line would be better for him I guess.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I mean Dave is kind of a dick but I’ve always appreciated some of his guitar riffing and skill. You can appreciate that without having to like everything about him. I’m curious to see if he’s really going Gibson what that means for a signature guitar. Because I’ve been hankering for a flying V which he tends to play.

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You say that on a forum where 3/4 of the people probably listen to and play music that was created before 1945
As do I. But for Gibson to advertise this as "some big catch" is really a stretch. To most people that don't play guitar he is known as a singer of a band who's last hit was 1990 so its just odd to me. And funny. It's like they signed Duane Allman.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I personally think we should be celebrating any Gibson “catch”. As long as artists are making music and making money then there’s money for Gibson to make on signature Guitars so that they don’t go bankrupt and can keep producing those instruments of art that we love to play and appreciate.

Kamen_Kaiju

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear him playing on a Gibson. The shorter scale gives riffs a 'bassier' sound. His shit would sound great on a Gibson.

one of the reasons Hetfields riffs sound like they do is his Gibson style/scale guitars. Megadeth always sounded a bit more treble and midrange.

Very cool. Would love to hear him do the Rust in Peace album on a Gibson V. ... or Peace Sells,... or .....

Latest Threads