Dave Hanson

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good thoughts sent your way. I hope your buddy pulls through well, and makes a good recovery.

crawlingkingsnake

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Bud Torren. I hope he pulls through this. Before I leave for work my family will say prayers for your Bud Dave and his wife and family. We will also include you Torren. Its a tough thing to go through, and even the people that are there to support him need prayers too. You will all be in my Family's prayers each night before I go to work.

Take care man, and never lose hope. I survived a nasty car wreck, and along stay in the hospital. In which the Doc's told my family I was dead, twice this happened. Too alot of people the power of prayers is a joke. But when you or someone you know has beaten the odds, prayers have more meaning and go along ways.

Stay strong man, we are all pulling for your bud Dave.

Engel

Reaction score
I think he'd say "No." to having someone Skype him while he's in a gd coma.

Glad he is still hanging on. I really hope he pulls through. After reading about the skype thing I thought of this pic:

justin-bieber-saved-my-life_o_591245.jpg

Torren61

Reaction score
Here is the Facebook page on Dave. I quit Facebook so I can't open it (F you Facebook). You must have a Facebook account to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/342081875876076/

This was an update from eighteen hours ago:

Update: David is back on the ventilator for some support breathing because he has been laboring breathing a bit. He is still not tolerating the tube feeding and has been vomiting several times a day. They are wondering if he has a bacteria in his digestive tract. Last night, they did a CT scan of his chest to check for a blood clot in his lungs. We should get results this morning but last night, nothing serious was brought up, so I think he should be clear of that. Last night, when I saw him, he looked peaceful and was breathing evenly. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away...may we still remember that He is faithful, merciful and good even though every day seems to take us on a roller coaster.

Torren61

Reaction score
There is another update on Dave. I've been getting them from my wife who's been getting them from the Facebook page.

This one was posted by his wife, Rachel (seven hours ago):

David's chest CT scan was negative for a clot in his lungs but as he is waking up more, he is coughing a lot because he is more aware of the tube in his throat. They are getting him ready to be transferred to a rehab center very soon. No more laying around and sleeping for David! :p ...and this is when he is going to not like the fact that I have a job in physical therapy...

I'm shocked and very happy. I can't wait to talk to him.

crawlingkingsnake

Reaction score
There is another update on Dave. I've been getting them from my wife who's been getting them from the Facebook page.

This one was posted by his wife, Rachel (seven hours ago):

David's chest CT scan was negative for a clot in his lungs but as he is waking up more, he is coughing a lot because he is more aware of the tube in his throat. They are getting him ready to be transferred to a rehab center very soon. No more laying around and sleeping for David! :p ...and this is when he is going to not like the fact that I have a job in physical therapy...

I'm shocked and very happy. I can't wait to talk to him.

That is great to hear, man. I was hoping all night at work that there would be good news. We will keep our :fingersx: , and continue sending prayers to Dave, his Wife and Family, and to you.

Hang in there Bud. From the sounds of it, everything is going to be ok.

Ruby

Reaction score
The National Sisterhood United for Journeyman Lineman has been holding a fundraiser for a couple of families of injuried lineman. We have reached our Goal of $500 to split between the Hanson's & The Udell's family but have now raised the goal to $1000.00 so each family can get $500. So again, from now to the 31st, anyone who donates $20 or more receives a decal and free Shirt of their choice. Note Size and Style in the comment box on Paypal to [email protected] or in a note with your check mailed to the home office of:

N.S.U.J.L
PO BOX 156
Hunlock Creek PA

Please anyone that can donate it will be greatly appreciated every little bit helps and every penny goes towards the families. Thanks so much!!!

Torren61

Reaction score
I'll get the word around to all the linemen I know. These guys here are all great guys but I'm sure their donation budget is for MLP members. Great work you're doing Jessica!

Torren61

Reaction score
Here is an update on Dave's condition. This is a post from his wife just yesterday:

David is coming back!!!

Ok, so I was just a bit excited to see David's progress today. I talked with Dr. Huey (sp??) this morning about David. He said that David is moving forward and that he has progressed from a "vegetative state" to a "minimally conscious state" (which is a little better).

On Monday, I saw David point his index finger all on his own a couple of times and today he progressed to scratching his beard (which is now gone due to my new-found beard-shaving skills! haha) and playing with his trach. He also "waved" on command for the OT by simultaneously lifting his 4th and 5th fingers.

When they capped off his trach today, he started making noises like he was playing with his new voice he hasn't used in 5 weeks. He even opened his mouth and said, "Ahhh" for the nurse.

Mom and I spruced him up for his parents by mom giving him a haircut and I did my first shave job. He was pretty snowed on narcotics for PT so he basically slept through the session and allowed them to bend him like Gumby. David's parents arrived safely and got to visit him tonight. :)

This is really remarkable. Dave's accident was just over a month ago. There were some who were preparing for the news of his death.

I never gave up on him.

I'm looking forward to talking to Dave. I need to come up with some new jokes...

Latest Threads