Dave Hanson

Ruby

Reaction score
My name is Jessica I am from the National Sisterhood United for Journeyman Lineman (NSUJL) and I wanted to see if you have an update on Dave Hanson or contact information for Rachel we would like to get in contact with her and see if there is anything we can do for her and drop off a gift. I have called the hospital and have not heard anything back, any info would be much appreciated. Thank you so much and we will continue to pray for Dave!

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was going ask Torren61 if he had any update on his buddy.

Torren61

Reaction score
My name is Jessica I am from the National Sisterhood United for Journeyman Lineman (NSUJL) and I wanted to see if you have an update on Dave Hanson or contact information for Rachel we would like to get in contact with her and see if there is anything we can do for her and drop off a gift. I have called the hospital and have not heard anything back, any info would be much appreciated. Thank you so much and we will continue to pray for Dave!

Hello. Welcome to MLP. If you PM your contact info, I will forward that to Rachel and she can make any decisions on contacting you.

I do have an update on Dave. Dave has been in a coma since he was admitted to the hospital. He was put on a ventilator because he could not breathe on his own. He was weaned from his ventilator and they did a "pain test" to see how he reacted. It seems that if a person is brain dead, they react differently. Dave did not react as if he was brain dead.

He had been opening his eyes but was still in a coma. He was not taking his feeding tube well and he also was not breathing well so they had to reinstall his ventilator.

After making some progress he has taken a step back and it just doesn't look good.

Rachel is a very classy young woman and carried herself with much grace when I met her in the waiting room. It's no wonder Dave married her.

Torren61

Reaction score
Some of the comments on the Facebook page are jaw dropping. Someone wanted to know if Rachel would set up a laptop for Dave so they could Skype with him. :shock: I swear to god I'm not making that up.

I cannot even post some of the other lunacy that's been posted there because of the religious talk ban here. Most of you would be shocked, I think.

There is nothing "glorious" or "fortunate" to what happened to Dave. He was not "lucky" or "chosen". I don't believe this is part of some "plan". I really wanna punch some people.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well let me ask you Torren61 what would your friend Dave do?

Ruby

Reaction score
I am in California about 40 minutes from Walnut Creek where Dave is. I can PM you my info but not sure how to do it on this thread let me know I would really like to offer our assistance

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The only way you can PM somebody is if you have more the 5 post I believe.

Ruby

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know what the NSUJL is here is our mission statement
National Sisterhood United for Journeymen Linemen (NSUJL), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to serving I.B.E.W. Linemen and/or their spouses and children. It's NSUJL’s mission to provide emergency financial, emotional and physical assistance, in cases of work related injuries or death

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I hope your friend continues recovering, Torren.

Ruby, what y'all do is great stuff. My stepfather was a head electrician and IBEW member on Platform Gilda off the SoCal coast, and when he died in a rig accident in 1990, you guys, or angels like you, were able to hold my mom's hand until I could grab emergency leave and come home. I hope you are able to help Dave and his family as you helped mine.

Ruby

Reaction score
I hope we are able to help to!
What is the facebook page that has been set up? Please and Thank You

Latest Threads