Dave Hanson

schoolie

Reaction score
That's terrible. Hope Dave makes it through this!

You sure you don't want a desk job?

Blues4U

Reaction score
Torren, as you well know, this hits very close to home for me-

As a third generation lineman (step generation I guess, as my step dad and his father were both lineman) I have heard and even seen my share of tragedies such as this-

I recently left this line of work, and after 30 years of being a lineman, a substation technician, and eventually, a technical trainer, it pains be to see accidents such as this.

My thoughts and Prayers go out to Dave and his family.

I am hoping he pulls through with little change in quality of life, and all of his crew take heed--When we are talking multiple thousands of volts, hundreds of amps, thousands of amps of fault current, extreme heights, fall hazards, equipment and material being moved overhead, traffic, the public etc, it only takes not paying attention, being careless or sometimes, just being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, for a fraction of a second, for people's lives to be forever changed-

People that chose to do linework, are a different breed-Most are Type A personalities, and all are tough sombiches--- Dave will fight the good fight, and God willing, as well as the limits of human physiology willing, he will pull through- If not, when you flip the switch in your kitchen to grab a midnight snack, remember Dave, Torren, Blues, and those that came before us, and will surely come afterward-- Those kilowatts don't just magically appear in your load center--a lot of hard working men and women make it so!

ptate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Prayers sent man.... Really hope it all works out well for him...

Torren61

Reaction score
Thanks guys. No solid updates yet. He's hanging in there. He went through six hours of operations yesterday and his heart is beating on it's own. My wife says that means the brain is communicating with the body, so I guess that's one good sign.

Torren61

Reaction score
Update: Dave is starting to breathe on his own! I'm reluctant to get too excited but they're planning to wean him from the ventilator. Breathing on his own means his brain is communicating with his body. It's a start.

I don't know which one of you mofos has a connection with the old fart upstairs but keep it up. Also, ask him to reveal to me the Mega Million numbers in the proper order before the next drawing, please.

Torren61

Reaction score
I am so Happy to hear that! More prayers for Dave...

Thanks. I have to be reserved about it until he's out of the woods for sure. I just KNOW if I start getting all excited... Well, you know.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear he is breathing on his own. Hopefully no serious damage has been done.

sonar1

Reaction score
Sounds like a miracle to me.

Excellent.

I hope the good news is a trend that stays on track for the future weeks of full recovery (here's hoping).

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
I don't pray. I'm not religious, spiritual, whatever.

But I do hope that the doctors do their best and that modern medicine brings him back to life, at least to the point that he can live it without much pain.

tex_lt

Banned
Reaction score
Glad to hear he's doing a bit better, still sending prayers and best wishes.

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Update: Dave is starting to breathe on his own! I'm reluctant to get too excited but they're planning to wean him from the ventilator. Breathing on his own means his brain is communicating with his body. It's a start.

I don't know which one of you mofos has a connection with the old fart upstairs but keep it up. Also, ask him to reveal to me the Mega Million numbers in the proper order before the next drawing, please.

I'll keep praying for Dave.

As far as the lottery numbers, You'd have better luck with the psychic hotline.

Latest Threads