Dark Knight Rises - Mass Shooting/Massacre in Colorado

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Fvking scum bag or bags. RIP to all Victims.

Update - 14 Dead and at least 50 Injured.

At least 20 wounded in shooting at Colorado movie theater, official says - CNN.com

At least 20 people were wounded in a shooting early Friday morning at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, an area hospital official told CNN. All of the wounded suffered from gunshot wounds, which ranged from minor to critical, said Jacque Montgomery, a spokeswoman at the University of Colorado Hospital.
"They're arriving by police, by ambulance. Some are walking in," she said.
Police were responding to a "shooting incident" at the theater, a dispatcher told CNN. The dispatcher did not provide any additional details.
The shooting incident reportedly occurred during an early morning screening of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises," witnesses told CNN affiliate KUSA.
"We saw people running around and screaming," a man, who was not identified, told KUSA.
He said there was confusion in the theater when the shooting began because many believed the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie next door.

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Mass shooting at Batman premiere in Denver suburb suburb, Aurora, Colorado - CBS News

AURORA, Colo. - As many as 20 people were injured when shooting erupted around midnight Thursday at a suburban Denver movie theater, police said. The Aurora, Colo. police dispatch office said that there are fatalities but they don't know how many. Calls to police about the shooting started coming in about 12:30 a.m. Friday from a mall theater that was showing the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," the office said. One person has been arrested but police did not have any other details. "The scene is still very active and we have little information for release at this time," police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson said in a brief news release.
There were unconfirmed reports from local media that as many as 10 people could have been killed and dozens more injured by one or two gunmen who entered the Century Aurora 16 movie theater as the premiere began. The reports could not be independently confirmed, but a CBS News crew was on the way to the scene early Friday morning. Other reports suggested that one of two suspects was in custody after the shooting, and the second had fled in a vehicle. Paul Otermat, who told Sky News he was in the theater when the incident occurred, said he "thought it was a publicity stunt," when he saw a man in a long coat walk in and hurl what he believed was a tear gas canister at the crowd. "Then he started firing shots into the crowd," Otermat said. He says he and his girlfriend ducked to the floor and crept out as gunfire continued. "My girlfriend saw a canister on the ground that was still foaming... We ran through the lobby and we heard more shots, and we ran out into the parking lot and got into our car and left."
Swedish Medical Center spokeswoman Nicole Williams says two people injured at the theater have arrived at the hospital in critical condition.
She says emergency workers have said there could be several more patients.

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd8g8cqGCAg]Aurora, Colorado Dark Knight Rises shooting - YouTube[/ame]

Seantk

Reaction score
Damn!

"Other reports suggested that one of two suspects was in custody after the shooting, and the second had fled in a vehicle"

I hope they caught the "suspects".

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Just seen this on the BBC news 24 channel.

They are saying 14 dead 50 injured. 3 dead from chemical exposure.

Terrible, just terrible.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So sensationalist, calling it "The Dark Knight shooting."

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
With more than a quarter billion guns and tens of thousands of lunatics roaming around this country I guess its inevitable that shit like this will occur. What a fvcked up world this is becoming.

cherokee

Reaction score
It is all over the news today, Denver is a days drive from me and I went there almost monthly as a kid.

When the knee jerk reactions start, just remember one thing....you can't stop crazy.

Mule Train

Reaction score
As per initial post of mine.

I woke up this morning to the terrible news. My heart breaks for the victims and families of these young people. I know there will be discussions about this on MLP but it may be a while untill we get some concrete facts.

Reaction score
With more than a quarter billion guns and tens of thousands of lunatics roaming around this country I guess its inevitable that shit like this will occur. What a fvcked up world this is becoming.

Way back before there was ever an internet or even firearms, entire villages would be wiped off the face of the Earth simply because they were there for the taking.

It's always been a crazy world.

Very very sad, nonetheless.

Electroman67

Reaction score
Another senseless mass killing.....there should be a special punishment for that type of crime.

Blues4U

Reaction score