Dark and lovely dirty lemon

Lex

Reaction score
Loving this one, so I thought I would share. Surprisingly slim feeling neck for a 59... practically no shoulder (usually a 60s neck guy). Feels great in my hands. Muscular sounding guitar with a nice bite. Pretty light @ 8lb. 2.5 oz. Love those beauty marks. Lifetime guitar, right here. Fresh set of EB 8s and this one sings. Thanks for having a look!
index.php

index.php

index.php

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That very nice. Great color almost more amber.

Reactions: Lex

Deftone

Reaction score
Yea, that is super nice. Congratulations.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Are those aftermarket pickups or just removed the covers??

Lex

Reaction score
Thanks, everybody. Very kind of you all.
2020 guitar.
Duncan 59 in neck & Custom in bridge. Gave them a slight age and converted to single conductor braided.

Custombuckers actually surprised me. Says they are A3 un-potted. Never planned on keeping them in the guitar... but after a full evening of play on them through a twin, I thought they were damned fine pickups. Real fine. But then I installed the Duncans and they sound every bit as good... if not better. More suited to what I will do with this guitar.

mjross

Reaction score
Loving this one, so I thought I would share. Surprisingly slim feeling neck for a 59... practically no shoulder (usually a 60s neck guy). Feels great in my hands. Muscular sounding guitar with a nice bite. Pretty light @ 8lb. 2.5 oz. Love those beauty marks. Lifetime guitar, right here. Fresh set of EB 8s and this one sings. Thanks for having a look!
index.php

index.php

index.php
That’s a real beauty! However, I’ll never understand “Dirty Lemon”, so many variations.

Nick-O

Reaction score
I don't usually swear....but golly that's gorgeous!

Lex

Reaction score
That’s a real beauty! However, I’ll never understand “Dirty Lemon”, so many variations.
Yeah, I thought it looked more amber to my eyes. But it says dirty lemon on the box. I agree... so many variations.
Anyhow, looks pretty darn close to a Heritage h150 I had that I wish I never sold. I don't remember what Heritage called it... vintage sunburst? Looked amber/honey to me.
index.php

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's a Gibson? Was it M2M?

I definitely world have guessed replica. Looks like a gloss finish - which makes sense given the inlays and binding don't appear tinted either, as they would be on a '20 VOS - but the tailpiece has the telltale VOS rust around the heads of the studs. As you yourself pointed out, the color is out of the ordinary for Gibson as well. Gorgeous, but unusual.

Whatever it is, it's stunning. Congratulations and HNGD!

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Congrats Lex! That is a thing of beauty right there, enjoy.

Latest Threads