Danelectro Pedal Question

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I've read that the Danelectro Daddy O Overdrive is a great deal like a pedal made by Marshall. Which pedal is it, if this is even true? Thanks ahead of time. Also are there clones of this pedal? This would make it a clone of a clone!?!

Gloveberg

Reaction score
If I understand it right it's supposedly a clone of the Marshall Guvnor. That's the general consensus at least..lol

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
Once again, thank you gents! From what I've seen there are two versions of the Guvnor. I have no idea which is closer to the Daddy O. The Dano version is actually a pretty sweet od.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
If I understand it right it's supposedly a clone of the Marshall Guvnor. That's the general consensus at least..lol

I see on your gear listed you also have a 1978 Mustang. I have a black one I got brand new which is very well worn now. I have the hard case for it also. This thing is a museum piece now. Back then Fender made them out of ash.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I actually have that pedal out in the garage. I gave it to the kid for his band. I bought it back before I knew anything about anything. I cranked it all up and charged. A few months ago, I plugged it into a SS Fender amp and was getting some great sounds from it. It actually is a pretty decent distortion box. I'm gonna try it eventually in my other amps.
It would be nice to beef it up with true bypass and better components.
Hmmm.....
:hmm:

logen99999

Reaction score
I've read that the Danelectro Daddy O Overdrive is a great deal like a pedal made by Marshall. Which pedal is it, if this is even true? Thanks ahead of time. Also are there clones of this pedal? This would make it a clone of a clone!?!

These are ****ty cheap pedals. You get what you pay for. I bought the cool cat drive and never touch it.

Get something quality, spend the dough and you wont regret it.

these pedals claim to "clone" a more expensive pedal, but they never do it justice. the cool cat is supposed to be an OCD clone, and the cool cat sounds terrible, nowhere enar the great overdrive that the OCD has.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
These are ****ty cheap pedals. You get what you pay for. I bought the cool cat drive and never touch it.

these pedals claim to "clone" a more expensive pedal, but they never do it justice. the cool cat is supposed to be an OCD clone, and the cool cat sounds terrible, nowhere enar the great overdrive that the OCD has.

I'm a big fan of ODs. I have many of the desired ones including the OCD V1.7 which is suppose to be a version 4 from the paperwork which comes with it. The OCD is one of my favs. I would say my two favorites are the Klone and the Timmy. For a cheap pedal the Daddy O is a pretty cool od. They have a cheap $20 fab tone which sounds pretty cool also. The boutique stuff is great no question about that, it is just high dollar stuff. I like both cheap stuff and boutique.

Victek

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of ODs. I have many of the desired ones including the OCD V1.7 which is suppose to be a version 4 from the paperwork which comes with it. The OCD is one of my favs. I would say my two favorites are the Klone and the Timmy. For a cheap pedal the Daddy O is a pretty cool od. They have a cheap $20 fab tone which sounds pretty cool also. The boutique stuff is great no question about that, it is just high dollar stuff. I like both cheap stuff and boutique.

Do you already have the Daddy-O? If not why not go for a Bad Monkey which also has Hi/Low EQ. It costs around $40-$50, has a very sturdy metal case and sounds a lot better than the Daddy-O demos I just listened to on Youtube. :hmm:

JohanHaellgren

Reaction score
Appearently Steve Howe used one with his twin rig. Cant remember where I read it, thought

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
Do you already have the Daddy-O? If not why not go for a Bad Monkey which also has Hi/Low EQ. It costs around $40-$50, has a very sturdy metal case and sounds a lot better than the Daddy-O demos I just listened to on Youtube. :hmm:

I picked up a BM a number of years ago. They are alright. I got a mint one for $25. I wish I would have picked up the Blues Screamer when it was still around.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
Appearently Steve Howe used one with his twin rig. Cant remember where I read it, thought

Steve Howe is one of my many guitar heroes from my generation. He sure looks fragile and skinny right now but, he still attacks the guitar like a Team Six Navy SEAL.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I have several Dano pedals. The deal I had was their location is very touchy. They have the same guts as the big name pedal makers but I hate their guts. They use less quality stuff. I inspected the parts with a magnifying device and their board was sloppy with grade C parts.
Like the gentleman said a few posts above, the bad Bad Monkey it is a great pedal and can even be stacked with another overdrive pedal. I failed doing that with my Fulltone and Big Daddy. I stay away from Dano stuff, I give it away with a warming. That warning is " give up all hope ye who enter here." They know what that means. Go big and free some months from your wallet.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

yeah, you're a bit out on your hatred here.

The very late 90s Danelectro stuff is solid as hell. I bought the Daddy-O in 2000 and it was awresoml, and yes, is a clone(ish) of the Marshall Guv'nor.

What came later is another story, but the big metal body Danelectro stuff - Daddy-O, Cool Cat Chorus (12v), Reel Echo, Spring King? some good stuff.

logen99999

Reaction score
yeah, you're a bit out on your hatred here.

The very late 90s Danelectro stuff is solid as hell. I bought the Daddy-O in 2000 and it was awresoml, and yes, is a clone(ish) of the Marshall Guv'nor.

What came later is another story, but the big metal body Danelectro stuff - Daddy-O, Cool Cat Chorus (12v), Reel Echo, Spring King? some good stuff.

That wasnt my experience. And i wanted them to be great. But put them up against the pedal they are trying to clone and they dont hold up at all.

you get what you pay for. as always.

pnuggett

Reaction score
That wasnt my experience. And i wanted them to be great. But put them up against the pedal they are trying to clone and they dont hold up at all.

you get what you pay for. as always.

Wouldn't that make the world a simpler place if true?:hmm:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Danelectro also makes a good affordable vibe pedal called the Cool Cat Vibe. Gets that Hendrix/Trower sound on a budget, good stuff! :yesway:

JohanHaellgren

Reaction score
Steve Howe is one of my many guitar heroes from my generation. He sure looks fragile and skinny right now but, he still attacks the guitar like a Team Six Navy SEAL.

A unique and fantastic player. Page, Clapton, Richards, Bloomfield, Beck, Townshend, Frampton, I can sorts figure out what they are playing and doing, but Howe is a mystery for me. Nothing he plays is Blues-scales, or in any form a cliche, and thats what makes him one step above everyone else.

Gloveberg

Reaction score
I see on your gear listed you also have a 1978 Mustang. I have a black one I got brand new which is very well worn now. I have the hard case for it also. This thing is a museum piece now. Back then Fender made them out of ash.

That's exactly what I have, black with the original hard case :thumb:

Latest Threads