damndirtyape checkin' in with a new video

damndirtyape71

Reaction score
Hey everyone...

Hope everyone had a sensational holiday! Sorry I haven't been around, with my new day gig at Dropcards, and writing tracks for my upcoming music release, I've been swamped.. I am playing a ton, and here's my latest little offering to the group, it's just a cheezy 80's jazz fusion patch, I got this great little gadget from Boss called the JS-8, by next Christmas, everyone will have one... It's unreal.... You plug into this little mp3 player and get some cool sounds and amazing backing tracks, it's also got basic recording. it's cool. Anyway, here's me and my ebony Standard, going for it.. ENJOY..

FYI - If anyone wants to stay in touch more regularly and is on Linked In or Facebook, drop me a line here, we can swap info. Unfortunately, I just don't have as much time to hang with you good people...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctixc1ffgMY]YouTube - Simple Jazz Fusion Improv over Cmin7[/ame]

BMS

Reaction score
Always enjoy watching your vids dude! Nice delivery and pitch in the right spots!

DRF

Reaction score
Very nice playing. ooh! and 4 fingers...extra points.

damndirtyape71

Reaction score
Very nice playing. ooh! and 4 fingers...extra points.

I think I use my pinky more than my index finger.. It's also why I've messed up wrist though... Thanks for the kind words!!

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Indubitably exceptional :applause:

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
Way to work those stinking paws Damned Dirty Ape! Your playing is exquisite as usual. :thumb:

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome playing!! That's something I could listen to all day long. Kinda reminds me of a Neil Schon meets John Petrucci vibe.

Great tone as well. Sounds alot like my LP Classic with what I would characterize as a warm and woody mid-range.

Do tell more about the Boss device when you get some time. :thumb:

Fracture

Reaction score
I really enjoyed that Ape, just right.

damndirtyape71

Reaction score
Awesome playing!! That's something I could listen to all day long. Kinda reminds me of a Neil Schon meets John Petrucci vibe.

Great tone as well. Sounds alot like my LP Classic with what I would characterize as a warm and woody mid-range.

Do tell more about the Boss device when you get some time. :thumb:

Scooter -

Thanks, Neil is a HUGE influence, especially his fusion stuff.. and I took lessons with John Petrucci in my teens. I always use Gambale as my main influence for ideas and licks...

The tone is all the JS-8, that's why this unit is so cool. I don't work for Boss, or anything... Check this out -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpvZwxbZUuc]YouTube - eBand JS-8: The Ultimate Jam-Along Companion for Guitarists[/ame]

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scooter -

Thanks, Neil is a HUGE influence, especially his fusion stuff.. and I took lessons with John Petrucci in my teens. I always use Gambale as my main influence for ideas and licks...

The tone is all the JS-8, that's why this unit is so cool. I don't work for Boss, or anything... Check this out -

YouTube - eBand JS-8: The Ultimate Jam-Along Companion for Guitarists

Checked it out......... WANT ONE!:thumb:

(My birthday was yesterday, if anyone's feeling charitable....) :laugh2:

damndirtyape71

Reaction score
Isn't it cool? I saw one at the Philly guitar show over the summer that Boss was at, and my friend was demoing one... I was jonesing the whole time, but didn't have the coin, my wife got it for me for Christmas... She rules. LOL

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
michelle72.jpeg

Your guitar playing, sir, demonstrates that you are a rather exceptional Homo sapien! :thumb:

Latest Threads