Damage or Factory Flaw?

JrRalphio

Reaction score
Hello first time caller here i recently bought a Esp Ltd ec 1000 amber sunburst from GC I bought it brand new box but it arrived in a fender box with packing paper i called and said it was not brand new box and they gave me 50 bucks off she plays beautiful and looks good except a minor flaw the edge corner of the fret board and am wondering if its damage or factory flaw

kakerlak

Reaction score
That rounded/chipped off binding corner? Really impossible to say whether that happened before or after it left the factory, unless the missing corner is knocking around in the case, somewhere.

JrRalphio

Reaction score
That rounded/chipped off binding corner? Really impossible to say whether that happened before or after it left the factory, unless the missing corner is knocking around in the case, somewhere.
Yeah thats the part it feels smooth not really chipped kinda like melted plastic ill try and take a better pic

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is no other damage right under that area I would think it got chipped before the finger board was glued to the neck but that's just my 2 cents... QC let it go. Love to see the rest of the guitar tho ;)

JrRalphio

Reaction score
If there is no other damage right under that area I would think it got chipped before the finger board was glued to the neck but that's just my 2 cents... QC let it go. Love to see the rest of the guitar tho ;)
thanks heres some pics and my other guitars

Attachments

vetteman

Reaction score
Dude, I'm picky as hell and if that was the only damage it would be a non-issue! Only if the binding was separated from the fretboard is it more than a first world problem.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Why not ask the seller and let them blame it on the manufacturer, and then see who's going to fix it?

Last edited:

JrRalphio

Reaction score
Why not ask the seller and let them blame in on the manufacturer, and then see who's going to fix it?
I wouldve returned it already for a new one but its out of stock and the way things are going right now i dont think itll be in stock for a while but after reading some replies its not a huge issue she plays like a dream and if i dont love her for her imperfections what kind of guitarist am I I saw a comment that said "i dont think jimi hendrix worried about flaws on his guitar he created voodoo child instead" i was like ok after reading that

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Oh nothing wrong with playing flawed guitars, but when you buy something new it can be disappointing to have damage. I think the real answer is to play the fretts off it so you don't even notice the damage amongst other battle-scars......

Latest Threads