Daily Exercise

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Now that the Maine winter has passed and the igloo has been replaced with a tiki hut, each morning I spend about an hour and a quarter rowing around our section of the lake. It's a quiet and enjoyable way to workout. In the morning there is little to no boat traffic. I have an 8' aluminum pram that is a pig to row. Not sure the distance, but I'm guessing three or four miles. As well, my wife and I walk each day for an hour and a half.

I have a small Honda 2.3 HP 4-stroke air-cooled outboard. It went under water and is now in the shop being repaired. I'm going to use the time to re-paint the boat.

Row2.jpg

This guy was in front of our house laughing at me.

Row1.jpg

Last edited:

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Respect, Don. I have my own lake, so don't worry about traffic or anything else, and I don't get out nearly as much as I "promised" myself I would.

It is good exercise, and can surely make you winded if you have any kind of pace.

I'll have to think about making it a regularly scheduled "workout".

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Rowing is great exercise, Don. Beyond cardio, it works the large muscles in your core. Those are the ones that we old fuckers need to make sure not to let go to atrophy.

Well done!

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Rowing is great exercise, Don. Beyond cardio, it works the large muscles in your core. Those are the ones that we old fuckers need to make sure not to let go to atrophy.

Well done!

Left to my own devices, I'm a slouch. My wife is the one who's gone to the gym most of her life and is always at me to exercise. Unfortunately being 67 I'm too aware of the aches and pains, and know I have to keep moving or it's all going to seize up.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Left to my own devices, I'm a slouch. My wife is the one who's gone to the gym most of her life and is always at me to exercise. Unfortunately being 67 I'm too aware of the aches and pains, and know I have to keep moving or it's all going to seize up.

That's kind of how I feel every morning, when I haul my old, tired, fat ass outta bed. Two cups of coffee and dump later... and I am out of the house either walking, or riding the bike. I hate every moment of it. LOL the only thing that I hate more are the three days of the week where I lift weights.

But, I refuse to wilt away.

And, my wife - like yours - is on my ass all the time about it. I think she just wants to keep me alive so she can torture me. :laugh2:

danohat

Reaction score
404A4A6A-8162-4A2E-9817-34B49E8F87F9.jpeg

I row this thing around a couple times a week or more for an hour and a half or so. Wife goes out with me but only comes around to check out the catch. We also walk the trails everyday. Our walk is only a half hour.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I love rowing. It just feels good.

I like to go out on a windy day and try to fight against the wind to get anywhere or nowhere. Great for cardio and upper body. :)

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Today it's in the 50's and significant wind which knocked 15 minutes off my rowing.

I don't feel the least bit guilty for cheating on my exercise. :rofl: :rofl:

Latest Threads