Dad Attacks StepDaughters Bully

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
+1

Though I'd have taken it to his parents, old school.
Let them explain to him how much they enjoyed it.

I was bullied for a year in school every day by someone I didn't know and who didn't know me.
Just took a dislike to me.
My own Father got wind of it one day.
He never said anything to me about what he did.
I just never saw the bully or his family again although they never moved or changed schools.
I am still aware of the psychological changes that my personality suffered, even now I'm 58.
There is a hatred and a need for revenge in me that isn't my fault and I don't particularly want.
Now I react with little patience and/or sympathy to anyone trying to impose their will upon me, or others.
I have taken that way too far as well*.
And enjoyed it!

*In particular the "luthier" who handed my first LP Std (after less than a week of ownership) back to me damaged and said "that's how you gave it to us".
I'd searched two years to find the perfect instrument for me and I knew every mark on it when I bought it.
He was off work for a few days and the shop lost a lot of business because of it, from all my mates and other bands we played with.
Word got around.
They've closed now.
Pity, because I used them a lot until then.
:D

Subterfuge

Reaction score
When my son was in 2nd grade I found out he was being bullied by 2 5th graders.

I found out because one day my son didn't want to go to school and started cry because I said he had to.

I finally got it out of him, that after I dropped him off that 2 boys would meet him on the play ground and push him to ground and start roughing him up.

So that same day I told him that I would wait across the street and watch him go across the play ground.

Sure enough the 2 bullies ran toward him and pushed him back hard and he fell on his backpack.

I flew out of the car and ran SCREAMING at the top of my lungs toward the boys.

They froze and didn't know what to do.

I got up to them and pulled them both by their shirts and up to my face.

I screamed and while spitting in the faces, I told them if the EVER did this again I would KILL THEM.

I told if they even passed my son and looked at him to make him feel uncomfortable, that I would kill them both.

If they went to the principal or teacher to tell them that I threatened them, that I would KILL them.

My son told me the rest of the year, both those boy would avoid my son in the hallways and made sure they would not
encounter him in any part of the school .

This carried over to middle school and high school.

Those 2 boys NEVER EVER had any contact with my son again.

No children were physically harmed, but there might have been emotion pain inflicted.
sounds like this method was very effective and solved the problem, works for me

I Break Things

Reaction score
While this is quite possibly true,it’s not always the case. I watched kids whose parents were great people being complete little fvcktards. Lots of fights in school with the kids who literally thought their shit didn’t stink.
I ran into the same in the military. Smartass little fuckers,right up to the moment I took them outback of the barracks. Then the sniveling and the whole cry-baby-suck-a-titty routine came out. Knocked the shit out of them to teach them a lesson. There are really those people out there that only respond to violence. Sad,but,true.....
As far as this event goes, I pity the little bastard,my boys would have stomped his ass for messing with their sister.
And having said this,cousin,whether my kid was being an asshat or not,ole boy would be receiving a visit from me. With both barrels blazing.....ya know? The dude put his hands around the boys throat. Holy shit
Just my 2cents y’all
Some people really only understand fear and violence as a corrective measure. My dad got a lot of whippings as a kid, but ask him if he was ever abused. He'll tell you hell no and tell you he deserved every one of them, and that had he not been disciplined, he would've ended up in prison instead of becoming a cop.

I didn't get many whippings as a kid, but I damn well deserved the ones I got. I'm not quite as rebellious as my dad. If I screwed up and they could show me how I screwed up, most of the time, I learned not to do it. Honestly, I deserved far more whippings, and I wish I had gotten them. It's easier to learn life lessons like that as a kid. If you haven't learned a lesson and you screw up as an adult, it's far more damaging.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I'm sorry but violence very much IS the answer sometimes.

Some people only understand the language of violence. They learn a lesson they are incapable of learning any other way.

Acting enlightened and reserved doesn't work on some animals. It just doesn't, they don't listen and they don't learn and nothing changes.

There are some things only learned with a punch to the face.

I got bullied for like half a year when I was a kid in the 8th grade. Then one day I said enough is enough and I beat the living shit out of the kid and slammed his face into the floor over and over until I was pulled off him.

He never fucked with me again,..he didn't even want to get near me after that. A few days of suspension was a small price to pay for the rest of the year spent in peace.

It's the law of the jungle, always had been always will be, fear is the greatest motivator, always has been always will be, ever been beaten almost to death ?? I have and if it wasn't for a cab driver intervening it would have happened. Know what? I don't regret it because it was an extremely valuable lesson that has stuck with me all these years ..watch your mouth and assess every situation, don't go off on (disrespect) people for no reason ...some people have to learn that way ..pain is fear which will usually cause a behaviour correction ..didn't Hank Jr. call it an attitude adjustment ?? LOL

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You lose all credibility with that statement when there are several guys here that said they finally had enough and kicked their bullies' asses. And were never bothered again. 100% counter to your perspective. Rather insulting.

That reminds me of all the SHIT MSM is doing. Ignoring hard facts to propagate some other ideology and narrative and implying any other thought makes them a bad person. FUK that Shit! I piss on PC.

You know what.... If a bully is hurting anyone around me, I'm with M&M, FUK 'Em Up. They'll sure as hell learn to stay away. It's the only language they truly understand. Maybe they'll move on to you and we'll see how that goes. But they ain't gonna be my problem anymore. And if they dare come back for more, then WAY more is what they'll get. I can't fix this FUK'D UP world, where the enabling is going exponential on a daily basis allowing this. But I can affect my microcosm. And that's exactly what I do.

And it's my job to make my microcosm safe. Every day the world reinforces this reality. Any other mentality is prime victim waiting to happen.

It's beyond rare that I have to go there. But it's like insurance. You usually only need it when you don't have it. So, it's always there on my tool belt, along with all the others, and only gets used when no other will get satisfactory results. All I want is fair.
KP, it seems you are interpreting my posts to fit your own agenda/opinions. There have been a few stories that were posted AFTER I said I saw no supporting evidence, and that's good. But comparing my OPINION with some news outlet's agenda is a but of a stretch, no? Talk about insulting.

As I said in an above post, violence used defensively is not only justifiable, it's a necessity. But the video shows a guy twice the kid's size meting out vigilante justice.

TheX

Better a boomer than a Karen.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing insulting in this thread (to me) is the lack of flexibility some people show toward the opinions of other members.

Roxy13

Reaction score
When I was in 6th grade a 5th grade neighbor boy started hitting me with his jacket when we got off the school bus. It hurt as he was whipping me in the face with it. I decided to defend myself and only needed to throw one punch. It gave him the most awful black eye (I got lucky since I couldn't see where I was punching him).

My mother was horrified because he was a doctor's son and she was sure his family was now going to sue us. But, my sister saw it and so did plenty of kids on the bus and they all knew he hit me several times first.

He had to live with "being beaten up by a girl", and it made him a much more polite person after that.

And his family didn't sue mine. Probably due to the number of witnesses against him.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I have three kids. I know exactly the bio-chem reaction that was going on in his body and mind.

However, if a boy was bullying one of my girls, my issue would have been with my son (provided this happened when he was in school with them). He has known, as long as he can remember, that if I am not there to protect the girls, it is his responsibility.

If it happened to my youngest daughter, my middle daughter would have beat his ass like there was no tomorrow.

I just saw three of my high school buddies, last Friday night, when they brought up the fact that they still remember to never disrespect my sisters. Nearly 40 years later, they remember the message I delivered.

The people who really deserve a beatdown are the cretins who raised that POS.

Plus, in the video, he didn't attack the POS. He was communicating an important message to him and wanted to make sure he got the message. No harm, no foul.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt all bullies are a result of abusive parents. Consider: sociopathy has been diagnosed in toddlers, and mental illnesses are known to have genetic components (which may not be expressed in parents, but still passed down).

I was bullied enough as a youth -- I went to eight schools in twelve years, and was always the New Kid -- and I found that fighting back, even when I got my ass kicked, got me left alone. Bullies don't want a fight, they want a soft target.

I taught my son to fight, and supported him the couple of times he got in trouble standing up for himself. "Don't start shit, and don't take shit" was essentially my message.

As I said earlier, I'd most likely feel different had it been my (hypothetical, I don't have one) daughter being bullied, and I can't say I'd have kept my rational mind in that case. For this reason, while I can see intellectually that an adult beating up a kid is wrong, emotionally, I cannot blame the father in this story -- especially after his own expressions of remorse. He knows he gave in to his emotions, and I doubt I could do otherwise in his place.
Equally important, if not more so, is the demonstration of will.

Yes indeed, brother. I got my ass kicked quite a few time....won a few times,too.

I taught all my kids how to fight. Always told them,if the fvckers are just talking shit,walk away,however,as soon as they put a hand on you,let’em have it.

The only time we(my family) had a problem was my last duty assignment at Knox. My middle daughter (she was 14 at the time)became a target of some older girls who had a bad attitude towards military kids.
The leader sprayed perfume in my daughters face and it was on. We had to pay for the doctor bills(half)and my daughter and that girl were both suspended. Put an end to the bullshit,though.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I do have kids including a daughter.

And I managed to get my kids through public elementary and high school without them or me beating anyone up.

Not that there weren't challenges, but my district has a very strict and swift policy so I give them most of the credit.

In any case I haven't seen a single comment in this thread SO FAR that explains how bullying a bully stops bullying.

In my experience, it just perpetuates the social acceptability of violence as a short-term means to "solve" conflict which it never does in the long run.

The last person harmed can always up the ante until someone is brutalized or murdered. That's how armies, gangs, and organized crime operate.

And yourself?

Uh, excuse me. I believe I said to throw them off a cliff.
That would stop bullying, and could be considered bullying by some.
I guess we could just cut their genitals off, and start breeding humans the way we breed dogs: selectively.
Ever wonder why everyone says dogs are better than people?
It ain’t an accident.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Uh, excuse me. I believe I said to throw them off a cliff.
That would stop bullying, and could be considered bullying by some.
I guess we could just cut their genitals off, and start breeding humans the way we breed dogs: selectively.
Ever wonder why everyone says dogs are better than people?
It ain’t an accident.
No shit,brother!:laugh2::lol::laugh2::lol::laugh2:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Yes indeed, brother. I got my ass kicked quite a few time....won a few times,too.

I taught all my kids how to fight. Always told them,if the fvckers are just talking shit,walk away,however,as soon as they put a hand on you,let’em have it.

The only time we(my family) had a problem was my last duty assignment at Knox. My middle daughter (she was 14 at the time)became a target of some older girls who had a bad attitude towards military kids.
The leader sprayed perfume in my daughters face and it was on. We had to pay for the doctor bills(half)and my daughter and that girl were both suspended. Put an end to the bullshit,though.

The problem, for most of us, is we grow up being afraid of getting hurt. The human body is an amazing thing, it can recover from significant amounts of abuse and injury. However, if we get a cut or a bee sting, it is like armageddon.

In reality, pain and recovering from injury can be quite enjoyable (I know that sounds strange), due to endorphins. When you get a decent bruise or other injury, do you ever find yourself intentionally tweaking it? When you have really sore muscles and you vigorously massage them (causing pain), you release endorphins. When the injury is healed, do you miss it?

I was sort of bullied in middle school and ended up in our version of Fight Club. I went up against a bigger, stronger kid and won, on will, determination and the fact that I don't mind getting hurt.

Find a way to be at peace with a little pain and you can defeat just about any bully out there.

My middle daughter has the ability to go full-retard and feel no pain. I am not sure if it is quite the same thing. However, I notice that she likes the recuperative process, mentioned above. The funny thing is that she has, recently, become much more risk averse. That said, if you mess with her brother or sister, look out. She reveres her brother and only she can pick on her little sister.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I wish we could keep boxing gloves around our house for resolutions, but the size difference between each person is immense.
It would be so one-sided it wouldn’t even be funny.
I’m teaching my middle kid how to lightsaber fight.
Not sure how that’ll work in the streetz, tho.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The problem, for most of us, is we grow up being afraid of getting hurt. The human body is an amazing thing, it can recover from significant amounts of abuse and injury. However, if we get a cut or a bee sting, it is like armageddon.

In reality, pain and recovering from injury can be quite enjoyable (I know that sounds strange), due to endorphins. When you get a decent bruise or other injury, do you ever find yourself intentionally tweaking it? When you have really sore muscles and you vigorously massage them (causing pain), you release endorphins. When the injury is healed, do you miss it?

I was sort of bullied in middle school and ended up in our version of Fight Club. I went up against a bigger, stronger kid and won, on will, determination and the fact that I don't mind getting hurt.

Find a way to be at peace with a little pain and you can defeat just about any bully out there.

My middle daughter has the ability to go full-retard and feel no pain. I am not sure if it is quite the same thing. However, I notice that she likes the recuperative process, mentioned above. The funny thing is that she has, recently, become much more risk averse. That said, if you mess with her brother or sister, look out. She reveres her brother and only she can pick on her little sister.
Exactly brother.....one of the reasons why I loved my job in the Army,ya know? I passed that shit onto my kids.
No fear......however, I actually have one fear. Burning alive,but,that’s for another time.

Latest Threads