Customizing a pedal case?

Bluesky

Reaction score
Pedals have always been something I step on and never thought much about except the tone. I dont care if its a bare metal silver box.

But I recently acquired this FireAnt pedal in a trade. I basically accepted it becuase the trade value was off and the other half had no cash he wanted to throw in.

I figuered I'd flip the pedal and alls good. Turns out I loved the pedal. Bad News is a Hated the graphics. I've had some bad incidents with fire ants here in Florida. Made my skin crawl everytime I looked at it.:

The decals came off so easily.....almost just flaked off. So I gave the white a little cleaning and sanded it with 600 grit. Then 1000. It looked like new. So I fugured at this point I might just get it pinstripped. But I remembered this ABB mushroom sticker I had. Then I looked online and had this Keep on Jammin 60's type sticker sent for $3 . I cut and trimmed the Jamming sticker and Wallah!

I have a great pedal that doesnt make my skin crawl every time I step on it!

Last edited:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
That’s really cool!

Fire ants crawling on a pedal... not the best marketing idea.

Banastre

Reaction score
It's like it was made for the pedal! Gonna clear-coat with poly or something to protect it or let it 'relic'?

PAPADON

Reaction score
One day I looked down and took in the array of silly cartoon graphics decorating my pedal board and decided that I'd had enough.

1575071535886.png

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Some are just over the top.
I like the old MXR/Boss/Aria/Ibanez designs that looked professional.
DOD kinda' started the "special" graphics thing with the Grunge Pedal, Meat Box, and a few others, but even they were subdued and did not look unprofessional.

Of course, every now and then.....

Last edited:

Bluesky

Reaction score
It's like it was made for the pedal! Gonna clear-coat with poly or something to protect it or let it 'relic'?
Just let it go. Take a long while for it to relic. :cheers2: