Curious if you're dealing with stuff you can't get?

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just visited with a moderate sized Ford dealer. (Big dealer in a small town) Echoing @freebyrd 69 on a smaller scale, he keeps 200 on the ground. Has 65 on the ground, 10 in transit and was told he’d be lucky to see anything else before July. Multiply that by 17,000 dealers and that’s gonna be a situation.

Reactions: ehb

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
people don't understand economics but in the past year a lot of people got a taste for "free money"

...of course it's not free since it's coming out of the paychecks of the people who are working.

parts

Reaction score
I've paid my staff their usual pay for over a year now. I do not want an 25 year+ employee (all of them are) to have to be on dole or humiliate them getting food stamps..
We are like family now AND my business is up over 40% since last year. Just shifted target focus..

Was very costly until I refocused this business model..but that's what an owner/manager should do. Been there before in 2006..
Projecting a large increase next 6 months..and staff now in office on appointment basis..

There are always ways to prosper IF you think creatively....

parts

Reaction score
Actually she wanted a ride in the Jaguar at a car show..and I offered her a gig IMMEDIATELY after the ride..

She has such a sweet smile..

Tone deaf

Reaction score
There is nothing in the Constitution that says you can have a hot secretary and bang her (consensually) like a drum...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just say this... It is not as much lack of understanding economics which is a result. Rather it is more inability to assess and evaluate, total inability to consider and understand cause and effect in any steps past 'fire is hot', total absence of logic, barely two somewhat functioning IQ points to rub together, and if it were not for instinct, they'd be toast. "Manufactured Bufords. ". Think it out.

rogue3

Reaction score
I postponed a reno project I had.
A simple 2x4 was around $2.50 14 months ago. It's now $8.65 !!!
A 3/4 4 x 8 plywood is near a hundred bucks!
I paid around $45.00 last year.

:wtf:
Time to dump that 8.9% softwood lumber duty imposed on canadian softwood imports into the USA. WE'll bring that price down for ya!

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Can't get a simple damn sheet of 1 ply black pickguard plastic. Gotta make 20 or so pickguards....so I normally buy 24" X 54" sheets. I'll be damned if I have to pay highway robbery prices for individual pieces!

Marky Mark

Reaction score

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
"More than 3,000 boxes dropped into the sea last year, and more than 1,000 have fallen overboard "

uhm,... seems like maybe someone needs a new system? Someone seems pretty bad at their job.

Also this excessive pollution makes Greta cry.

1620230817774.png

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Our 3PL (Third party logistics) provider has 18 million square feet of warehouse space around the country. They can't find people willing to work for the wages that they can afford to pay in most of their markets.

I read an article on the supply/demand of lumber and it (the article) seemed to lay the blame at the feet of the oligarchs that control the industry.

PeteK

Reaction score
This may explain SOME of the goods shortages:

"The shipping industry is seeing the biggest spike in lost containers in seven years. More than 3,000 boxes dropped into the sea last year, and more than 1,000 have fallen overboard so far in 2021. The accidents are disrupting supply chains for hundreds of U.S. retailers and manufacturers such as Amazon and Tesla"

Shipping Containers Plunge Overboard as Supply Race Raises Risks - Bloomberg
Yeah, they fell overboard....right into Tony Soprano's fucking yacht. :rolleyes:

Latest Threads