Curious if you're dealing with stuff you can't get?

nauc

Reaction score
i ordered one of these in Feb, still havent gotten it. the company said today, they wont take any orders in May, to get caught up. theyre hand made in Vegas

Screenshot (276).png

lancpudn

Reaction score
Serious question lanc...

You love your gardening so why not make a weekend of it and drive to Ireland and load up the SUV? A fun outing for you and Mrs l and you get your compost in time for growing season.

cheers.
Yeah I really should, that would have been a nice trip, I've never been to Ireland & I have a good friend there who keeps telling me to get my arse overthere.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Work at a food packaging plant.

With all the don't work incentives they've been reduced to hiring fired past employees (stealing, attendance, etc.).

The current attendance policy has turned into a suggestion for fear of lowering production time even lower because of reduced staffing.

Could go on rant but wildhawk will keep beak shut.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
The supply issues at my work seem to be 100% labor shortage related. People are either quarantined or sitting home collecting. We are very short-handed. Our suppliers are short-handed, etc. Even finding enough truck drivers is challenging.

Also.... NOBODY seems to give AF at work anymore.

jvin248

Reaction score
There has always been building of single family homes all over the US.,,,the fact that homes are being built now cant suddenly be the cause of present astronomical lumber prices. ..
Most manufacturing systems ... and making product plus shipping to the consumer are all part of the 'manufacturing system' ... are designed around handling 5% or less variations in product demand changes. If you have a 100 workers you can handle a 5% workload increase or decrease easily, beyond then coping becomes a problem. A 10% increase causes the factory to hire another ten workers to keep up at the prior workload, or shortages happen. If only 90% of the workers show up (or can show up) or there are 10% more residents fleeing California taxes for Arizona causing additional housing demands, then shortages appear. The whole TP incident a year ago was shifting consumption patterns from industrial-sized roll supply chains for products used 'at work' to domestic product packaging bought for 'work from home' activities. A business could never have excess idle workers to cover big demand shifts, just too costly to carry 110 workers if you only ever sell 100 units of effort.

Supply chains are precariously thin and subject to disruptions -- nothing malicious is involved.

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read a new one: Outboard motors. Can't get parts to build em. Having trouble filling orders for new boats because they can't get motors to hang on em.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to be on the development side of things so we haven't been hit too bad. prototype devices are more limited this year, but nothing terrible. I don't know how that will all be when it's released and if availability will be limited for consumers.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
The American way for the new generation. Why work for it if they'll hand it out
Yes sir it's crippled a lot of businesses including the one I work at.

When employers are struggling against the stay at home rate something is terribly wrong.

05jrock

Reaction score
Shipping containers prices have gone through the roof with six fold price rises as there's a shortage of empty containers.
My local garden centre ran out of Irish compost a month ago & still say it'll be another six weeks before they can get any delivered. :shock: Growing seasons going to be over with before we see any.
My work imports our product.
International shipping prices are double what they were this time last year, and the travel time has blown out from 3 weeks to now 6 weeks.
No reason given from the shipping company, they done it just because they can

PapaSquash

Reaction score
Yes sir it's crippled a lot of businesses including the one I work at.

When employers are struggling against the stay at home rate something is terribly wrong.
I had someone tell me the other day that "there's no such thing as a labor shortage." They said it was just employers not willing to pay people a "living" wage.

Economics is hard apparently

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I am getting from all of this. When everything shut down the supply went down and they haven't been able to recover yet.

The days of the sedans are pretty much over for car rentals unless its a Nissan or Toyota.

six-string

Reaction score
do the automakers even build sedans anymore?
i thought it was all pickup trucks and SUVs?

Latest Threads