Curious if you're dealing with stuff you can't get?

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many know I've been doing what I do for a long time. Right now I'm seeing product shortages like I've never seen before. Crazy stuff. Not just any one category. There's a big shortage of "to go" type stuff supposedly due to a resin shortage created by the freeze. Clamshell to go boxes, cups, lids, straws, those little lidded souffle cups sauces and such are served in. All hard to get. Notified today all paper took a 15% increase. I'm having to act like a commodities broker. I'm tracking to go stuff with my guy I'm used to ordering once or twice a week and when it hits, ordering a few weeks worth. Chicken and fish are in short supply due to labor issues at processing plants. Prices on everything are crazy.

Tried to order an extra handheld for my point of sale. They're out because they can't get chips. My car dealer buddy can't get cars because they say they can't get parts to make em. Everybody knows about lumber costs.

Curious about those of you who work with products for a living if you're experiencing the same?

I've never seen it like this.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are dealing with *chip* shortages. It's affecting everything from laptops to Cisco Routers. We are just starting a 6 month period where most things are just not available. Tried to get some extra laptops, they were gone...got an alternative model sourced (over 2,000 available) and they were gone 8 hours later.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm retired, but reckon that I can mention a shortage in a manner that's at least somewhat germane to this thread... to wit: canned cat food!

Seriously: there appears to be some kind of shortage of canned cat food in my locality... but I don't think it's due to hoarding or anything like that.

Talked to a woman who was clerking at a pet shop. Went there as a last resort (their prices are usually sky-high), but both of my cats are ultra-finicky little bastards who have distinct preferences in cat food... so there I was, scrounging.

The lady running the shop told me that they've had weird shortages of all kinds of stuff... but the shortages are sporadic for the most part, where the thing with the canned cat food has been more of a chronic situation.

Dry cat food? No problem, she said-- she asked me if I wanted to buy a whole truckload... :laugh2:

--R :dunno:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm retired, but reckon that I can mention a shortage in a manner that's at least somewhat germane to this thread... to wit: canned cat food!

Seriously: there appears to be some kind of shortage of canned cat food in my locality... but I don't think it's due to hoarding or anything like that.

Talked to a woman who was clerking at a pet shop. Went there as a last resort (their prices are usually sky-high), but both of my cats are ultra-finicky little bastards who have distinct preferences in cat food... so there I was, scrounging.

The lady running the shop told me that they've had weird shortages of all kinds of stuff... but the shortages are sporadic for the most part, where the thing with the canned cat food has been more of a chronic situation.

Dry cat food? No problem, she said-- she asked me if I wanted to buy a whole truckload... :laugh2:

1619737106817.jpeg

1619737141089.jpeg

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The new JBL Quadrex grill foams I order some time ago just arrived having been delayed a month or so. The problem was the raw foam sheets are made in TX and production was turned upside down due to the freeze.

Zungle

Reaction score
Yes......

Glass industry is experiencing shortages on domestic and import glass......primarily mirror.

Extrusion industry has quadrupled lead times and raised prices 100% plus.....

On a positive note.....my wife said she's feeling pretty good and there will be no shortage of adult time......;)

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Canned dog food as well. The shelves are very minimally stocked any time I go. We sometimes have to hit 3 different food chain stores to get what we need.

We got our dogs hooked on Fresh-Pet now. It's getting scarce too.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try getting joint compound for drywall work.

They laugh at you now when you ask where it is at the store.

I could sell certain brands for large coin right now if I could find some.

It alone has halting many construction jobs that need it right now.

PeteK

Reaction score
We've been trying to buy a new car. Looking at a Honda Pilot. They haven't had one on the lot to test drive for several months now. All the car dealers in town look half empty.

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a car back in December. It's been sitting built since February waiting on a drive chip. And chips or connectivity items are scarce.

Latest Threads