Curious about this gorgeous Epi LP top.....

scrumm21

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
saw this posted by new owner on Epi FB page. Owner hasn't responded to my inquiry about it.
Is this a special Sweetwater issue...... 'Mojave Faded' ?
(if it is, the pic on Sweetwater website doesn't look nearly as nice )
I think it's gorgeous......

Mojave Fade maybe.jpg

scrumm21

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^ i went to epi site the other day...somehow I missed that pic :doh: :420:

The owners pic I posted above kind of minimizes the hi-gloss (unlike sweetwater or epiphone sites) and that is what struck my fancy
Great figured top and color scheme but the Hi Gloss kills it for me

dCi_king

Reaction score
I think it's a Honey Burst because this fretboard looks like rosewood and the new models (Mojave fade) are made with pau ferro.

steveb63

Reaction score
Sorry didn't post my text?

Any eta on those double cuts?

Look sweet.

scrumm21

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's a Honey Burst because this fretboard looks like rosewood and the new models (Mojave fade) are made with pau ferro.
My PTP Honey Burst isn't anywhere near as gorgeous as the guitar I posted above..
But.... cycling thru the PTP's on the Epi website there is a considerable difference in the appearance of the fretboards. Some very light...Some really quite dark. And all supposedly pau ferro.

The guitar I posted above looks nothing like my PTP Honeyburst...
Mine Stock
ptp.jpg
changed pickguard and knobs
Ptp black knobs and pg.jpg

If I wasn't saving up for a New Gibson LP Standard ( Now that Gibson is headed in the right direction) I would Def buy this Mojave Fade edition...

steveb63

Reaction score
Supposed to start shipping this month.
Thanks, perfect timing for me.

I think the burst looks sweet, and if I'm being truthful...... that guitar would have to be very flawed for me not to buy. Lol .

I've been waiting on the d.c. for a long while, and the new version looks killer.

Steve

Sonicboom2

Reaction score
My PTP Honey Burst isn't anywhere near as gorgeous as the guitar I posted above..
But.... cycling thru the PTP's on the Epi website there is a considerable difference in the appearance of the fretboards. Some very light...Some really quite dark. And all supposedly pau ferro.

The guitar I posted above looks nothing like my PTP Honeyburst...
Mine Stock
View attachment 359412
changed pickguard and knobs
View attachment 359414

If I wasn't saving up for a New Gibson LP Standard ( Now that Gibson is headed in the right direction) I would Def buy this Mojave Fade edition...
Ive got those gold knobs, can't see the numbers, but that somehow taught me to just adjust all by ear, both tone and volume.