rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
1669812505339.png

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recent snow posts got me thinking. Do you guys have any set rules on winter tyres where you are?

In the UK it's down to each driver to decide, whereas in the Czech Republic it's a legal requirement to run winter tyres between October and March.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recent snow posts got me thinking. Do you guys have any set rules on winter tyres where you are?

In the UK it's down to each driver to decide, whereas in the Czech Republic it's a legal requirement to run winter tyres between October and March.
We'd probably have riots if it was a legal requirement. We're great at not liking to be told what to do

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of the opposite of required ... I think it is illegal to use tire chains here in OK anymore. We used to use them in the Winter when it snowed, but I've not seen them used since I've been an adult.
Sorry - should have been clearer in the question. I'm talking about tyres with deeper and wider-cut tread and winterised rubber compound to cope better with snow, slush, etc. Chains are also illegal on public roads in the UK and Cz.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the OKC airport the coffee shop that is the only place open at 5am in the morning, has a long line of the vanilla-soy-extra-foam folks. But they have some nice drip coffee in self-service air pots, with a jar for the $2 fee. No line. I always make sure I got some cash ready for that.

Bytor1958

Reaction score

All season radials is what I use all yr.

I've never used winter tires.

I remember dad using chains and studded tires back in the day.

A few yrs ago when we had that horrible winter here I saw someone with chains on.

Latest Threads