Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
7000621.jpg

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not me... I never cared what the Joneses thought or did...much less want to impress em.. Hell with em....

The Jones will make you go broke and die early trying to keep up with their house broke car broke boat broke condo broke asses...

Son asked me why I never bought a beach condo... "Well, I can pay a few hundred to stay in a nice hotel on the beach for a week or I could spend a couple of grand and spend a week in a big ass condo on the beach.... about any time I want....and go home after with no more payments...'

'Or... I could spend several K per month for decades on a beach condo, utils, taxes, ins, HOA, assesments, upkeep maint, furniture, appliances, etc.... all to stay there a couple times a year....and deal with everydamnbody I'm kin to along with others that try to make me believe I'm kin to, and some acquaintances, all calling to see if I'm using it on such and such dates and could they use it for a week.... '

Well hell to the yeuh! I would be happy to be slinging several thousand bucks a month on a beach condo just so every blood sucker I know and some I don't, expect me to let them use it for free with not even offering to pay on utilities and shit...probably not clean up after themselves either... NOT.... Hell no...

Me, I kinda lean towards a nice hotel with a concierge for a few days when I get the urge...

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
It's good to know that you guys have a good opinion about Eastman. I found a nice deal on one of those blue beauties and ordered it. This counts as my "335" type in the collection. I'm almost done with the list of guitars I'd like to have. The few that are left are "sometime, someday" purchases with no big rush, though if I find a good deal, I'll take it dammit!

Sadly I've come to the point where I see that Gibson really is overpriced/overrated. I do enjoy owning a few but they are far from the best, heck, the Edwards beats them by far. The QC is terrible. Yeah, it's finish stuff mostly, but c'mon... you buy something for $2000+ it should be good.
I'm keeping them 1) for sentimental reasons ,2) it was a lifelong dream to have 'em, 3) they play well, and ultimately that's all that matters, a few factory dents and finish issues won't change it.

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Those were good times... got an original, perfect condition Live at Leeds for 5 GBP... many 80s records for 50p... 1st press banned cover Appetite for Destruction for 10 GBP. Those times are gone, but on the bright side, now you can buy new, nice reissues in stores again! Though sometimes they're terrible.
Eyes have never opened this wide before.
Slammed on the brakes scrolling, yessir.
Oh I'll make sure to pic spam when it gets here. I'll tag you and Crotch, you guys are the best at supporting my unhealthy guitar habit :rofl:

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pop. Got the notification that the DVD player was in early this morning, so picked it up. Installation was a piece of cake, just as Ef suggested. Plug and play via HDMI into the home cinema system. Saved me upwards of $500 equivalent (home electrical stuff is expensive here). All works perfectly.

1660303255270.png

Thanks again @efstop !

Have a great Friday all.

dave b

Reaction score
Bonjour, mes amis. Ou que vous soyez, juste une autre journee au paradis. Right? Right!
Haven't a clue what to do with myself today, but I'm sure inspiration with be along about the second or third cup. Have a great Friday. Carpe diem.

Latest Threads