James R

Reaction score
That tool looks like it's the tits!
I've had to deal with that issue on my JA-90 Thinline Tele.
I used a small bore puller to secure the jack while tightening the nut with a wrench.
Worked well amd it was what I had on hand at the time.
Something like this, but a hand tool about the size of a precision screwdriver, come in sets for different bore sizes.
I used them daily when I was doing R&O on helicopter flight control actuators.

0901d1968091e643-PUL0101-2V_NG-TMIP-C-16x9_tcm_12-498699.jpeg.jpg

James R

Reaction score
take the jack out first.

remove the 2 screws.

pull it out of the guitar body.

hold the jack from the back, while tightening the nut.

screw it back in with the two screws.

why is that not obvious, or am i missing something?
That totally would work,at least I don't see why not.
I try not to remove wood screws if possible though, just a paranoia thing about loose or stripped holes that now require me to fix a new problem that I created while fixing the old problem.

I Break Things

Reaction score
That totally would work,at least I don't see why not.
I try not to remove wood screws if possible though, just a paranoia thing about loose or stripped holes that now require me to fix a new problem that I created while fixing the old problem.
That is also a good point. I'm terrible at stripping -- both dancing and with screws!

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs a good case for an S22/S22+/S22 Ultra, check out the Otterbox Defender. I had one on my S9. Super protective and comfortable to hold. It does take up more pocket space than other cases, but for me, it's worth it for the protection and some peace of mind because I'm always scared I'm going to break things. Highly recommend you check it out if you have paranoia about breaking an expensive phone like I do. They make this model for tons of other phones, too.

OTTERBOX Defender Series SCREENLESS Edition Case for Galaxy S22 Ultra - Black https://a.co/d/4B2jWOr
I've been using Ringke covers for years.
The Otterboxes tend to be a bit too thick, sometimes interfere with wireless charging, and interfere with working the "edge" portion of the Samsung screens.

They are great covers if you need a high level of protection for construction, or outdoor physical activities. I don't think a better box is made than Otterbox.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to tighten this? There's no back plate, the f-holes are too small to get a finger in (that's what she said), and trying to tighten it from the outside just makes the entire jack spin on the inside without tightening it at all.

View attachment 626204
Remove the two oval head screws and withdraw the football enough to grasp the inside.

I Break Things

Reaction score
I've been using Ringke covers for years.
The Otterboxes tend to be a bit too thick, sometimes interfere with wireless charging, and interfere with working the "edge" portion of the Samsung screens.

They are great covers if you need a high level of protection for construction, or outdoor physical activities. I don't think a better box is made than Otterbox.
I like the bulk of this one. Feels very sturdy, and it let's me know that it's in my pocket. I can feel it in there, so I know I haven't left it somewhere. It also doesn't interfere with the "edge." It is a bit of a drawback in that the rubber outside kind of sticks in my pocket and makes it harder to take out and put in, though.

This one doesn't interfere with wireless charging, at least not with my charging pad. It's the AT&T charging pad. Works really well.

I don't do construction or anything like that, but I am VERY clumsy. I drop my phone all the time, and it gives me added peace of mind. I've also got Luvvitt Liquid Glass covering the screen and tempered glass covers over the camera and screen.

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried using my USB Bluetooth transceiver with the beast & TV combo. It works great. I initially thought I wouldn't be able to bypass the TV sound, but software switching has been a thing for a minute or two. A TV is just a monitor with a tuner. Now I can lie back and YouTube with my Sony 'phones on.

Latest Threads