rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, turns out it was not the dentist. I got there and they are closed on Fridays. I double checked the text and it was my dermatologist and my annual skin cancer screening. Luckily they are just down the road from each other. Skin cancer free for another year.

I wondered about the dentist since they said it was next Wednesday, but then I got the text right after I hung up, so I thought they just changed it.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Well, turns out it was not the dentist. I got there and they are closed on Fridays. I double checked the text and it was my dermatologist and my annual skin cancer screening. Luckily they are just down the road from each other. Skin cancer free for another year.

I wondered about the dentist since they said it was next Wednesday, but then I got the text right after I hung up, so I thought they just changed it.
Have you been to the eye Dr yet?

:lol:

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are both named Roberts. I never realized that.

I do need to see the eye doc, though. My current glasses are starting to show their age. Need to get in and get my 'script updated and get a new pair.
All my retired friends do the doctor thing full time.
It’s a circuit.
One of the reasons I still work.

DavGrape

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay!
Our best music venue is changing their name back.
The local energy concern bought it years ago and changed the name to 'DTE Energy Music Theater.'
Which everybody hated.
It was built at Pine Knob Ski Resort, hence, 'Pine Knob Music Theater.'

DSCN0047.JPG

1987-08-23pk-1.jpeg

CerebralGasket

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A proper SG in my book. Very nice. Always wondered where you do your shopping? Alamo?
Thanks.

I actually purchased that one at Alamo. Have not been there in years, but knew ahead of time exactly what I wanted and they had it in stock.

My ebony SG Classic I found online and ordered from Japan.

The LP Junior DC and Special came from a second hand shop in Austin and the cherry SG Classic was from a local second hand shop.

Last edited:

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
PRS is doing SE Silver Shy's in 4 colors for $849 MSRP. Bird inlays as well. Not a bad price point.
As an example of how we get screwed over on this side of the pond, I just checked my local store. They're available to pre-order with a 3 month plus wait list, at £895. That's somewhere around $1,150, right? I wonder how many they'll sell over here.

As a separate point, the Silver Sky is the first PRS I don't like the look of. Too strat-like for me. I'm sure the quality will be first-rate as always though.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a strat guy so I like it. However as another member pointed out to me, they are a poplar body, which kind of sucks.

They made it cause they signed John Mayer as a sponsor and he likes strats

Latest Threads