DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why he wasn't here; couldn't figure it out.
But this never, never even entered my mind.
I keep venting here.
Might get obnoxious.
Might get annoying.
Might get redundant.

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zedding the till! Thanks Dav - took me back 30 years to when I used to have to look at stuff like that.

Is zedding the till a UK phrase? I guess zeeing the till wouldn't work so well. Or does it?
We called it "Taking a reading" when we did the hourly reports and counted the drawers at McDonalds.
Auto parts stores we would "Count you out" at the end of your shift, but large bills would go into a separate lock box (the key for the lock boxes was in the time-locked area of the safe)
Radio Shack was horribly "trusting"... everyone worked from the same drawer and the ultimate responsibility fell on the store manager. Thankfully, I only had one employee who would steal from the store, and rather than cash, he would steal merchandise.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
I think bad refret. The OP said the low E got stuck in the nib. That's quite a gap - even if he uses Billy G 7s :)
Even if the gap were as wide as the grand canyon, I still don't see how it would be a problem on a Gibson.
When bending, you're pushing and pulling toward the center of the neck... any bends I do on the low-E are quick "drag it downward and release" moves, similar for the A.
I might push the G or B up to meet the A, but that's not getting close to the end of the frets.

Fender with a bound neck? Ya... they have two different string spacings, the vintage bridges are wider, and it gets the strings uncomfortably close to the edges of the neck on the higher frets. I can see it overlapping the binding on a bound neck.

Acme-Guitar-Works-General-Callaham-Strat-Bridge-Spacing.jpg

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to use the analogy, but actually I bet D would appreciate it. Sorta like losing a pet, coming home from work the next day, going out on the back porch and he’s not there. Then realizing he’s not gonna be.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
We have zeros. You Euro people do the Zed thing
Yep...
Paul Hibbert saying "Zed-Wave" and then trying to figure out how we would say it, saying "Zwave" and such.
We say it the same way he does... just "Zee-Wave" instead of "Zed-Wave"

One thing that never caught on here is "nought" for "zero"
We say "zero to 60" and they say "nought to 60"
But we have no comfortable way to refer to the years 2000 through 2009, where they say "noughties"... and we giggle like school kids.

DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I been looking at that for two weeks.

"Should I put it up for the heck of it?"
No... you can't even keep it together looking at it.
Why take a chance on bringing down the room?

Well, ten minutes ago I went "Duh! It's Jon's avatar, dip-wad! His picture's here all the time!"

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I been looking at that for two weeks.

"Should I put it up for the heck of it?"
No... you can't even keep it together looking at it.
Why take a chance on bringing down the room?

Well, ten minutes ago I went "Duh! It's Jon's avatar, dip-wad! His picture's here all the time!"
It's all good Dav. I look at their pictures all the time.

Latest Threads