DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's that thing called when your memory of something is altered by hearing it wrong all the time?
Like George Bush saying 'Not gahn do it' from Dana Carvey, when he never said that.

Meganzer? McGafferated?
Sumpin lie gat.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Days I’ve been short listed next to schedule. Didn’t take long to narrow down that list to one.

I hold no truck with a thief.... Stealing is stealing... Stealing money, stealing product, stealing time.... all the same to me...

I'd help anybody that came to me with about anything but steal, I'd fire you quicker than a new york second....

DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
SockClad.jpg

Dan Fogelboring
Mel Torment

Last edited:

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hold no truck with a thief.... Stealing is stealing... Stealing money, stealing product, stealing time.... all the same to me...

I'd help anybody that came to me with about anything but steal, I'd fire you quicker than a new york second....
Yep. I’d have given her the damn money. I have similar thoughts about the kitchen when I do beer inventory.

I didn't do it and you can't prove it. :rofl:

You are correct. It’ll be for a different reason.

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to drag guitar stuff in here, but the broken nibs thread got me thinking. So I went to have a play. I bend inward from the edge of the board on both sides, and I can't do a vibrato wide enough to get to the edge. So I can't imagine catching a string in any gap in the binding or on a broken nib. Any thoughts?

DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can hang the E on the slightest bit of fret overhang, (might be the tang), last fret.
But not from playing, I moved it there.
It's not a problem, so I haven't filed it.
It doesn't take much, you can barely feel it.

Something like this is what I gathered from that post.

DSCN3162.JPG

Last edited:

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to drag guitar stuff in here, but the broken nibs thread got me thinking. So I went to have a play. I bend inward from the edge of the board on both sides, and I can't do a vibrato wide enough to get to the edge. So I can't imagine catching a string in any gap in the binding or on a broken nib. Any thoughts?
I think bad refret. The OP said the low E got stuck in the nib. That's quite a gap - even if he uses Billy G 7s :)

Latest Threads