Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Operation HowDamnHeavyCanYouPossiblyBe is complete. 120lb of "portable" electric piano installed and working. But Libby's super-happy and I must admit it does sound good, so all's well with the world.

I know absolutely nothing about pianos, electric or otherwise, but it does seem terrific value for a beginner. Yamaha DP7. Keys are damped and touch responsive, three pedals (that's more than I've got!), $450 equivalent. I've got no complaints about that.

DavGrape

Look At Me. Look At Me. Stop Looking At Me.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sister has this spinet that just sits.
But she likes it.
I wish she'd give it to somebody that would use it.
I'm thinking me.

I want to dissect it and learn to tweak the action, and play with tuning it and junk.
And play 'Judy In Disguise' and Mott The Hoople stuff.

IMG_0543.JPG

DavGrape

Look At Me. Look At Me. Stop Looking At Me.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked at Burger King when I'se 18.
They had vegetarian Whoppers®.
You know, Whopper® no beef patty.

So I'd get on the mike... "Vegetarian Whopper... plain!"

That would be just a bun.
Hahaha!
Oh, we had a time.

BeccaB

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this platform. My father, DarrellV, loved it and had many friends from here and often shared some of the stories and posts with me. I was hoping to reach his friends from here. If you are a friend of DarrellV's, please reach out to me.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this platform. My father, DarrellV, loved it and had many friends from here and often shared some of the stories and posts with me. I was hoping to reach his friends from here. If you are a friend of DarrellV's, please reach out to me.
Is he OK? He's been on-again-off-again on the forum for the last year or so, I see that @DarrellV hasn't posted since October.
I hope he's OK.

And for what it's worth, I think we all consider him to be a friend, though most of us have never met him personally.

Last edited:

Latest Threads