Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dav. Real coffee. The good stuff. From the grocery store. Like Americans are supposed to drink. No creamer here sir. Stronger the better. Bring it on.

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@CerebralGasket @mudface & others: I'm about to to top wrap one of my standard separate two piece stop bar/bridge gits. Not an apples to apples thing with your one piece, but wondering if the question still applies. Do you have an opinion on the old thing of running the strings through the ball cut off an old string to change where the bend in the string happens?

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
@CerebralGasket @mudface & others: I'm about to to top wrap one of my standard separate two piece stop bar/bridge gits. Not an apples to apples thing with your one piece, but wondering if the question still applies. Do you have an opinion on the old thing of running the strings through the ball cut off an old string to change where the bend in the string happens?
I use Ernie Ball strings...with the stop bridge .... the issue of the ball wrap coming around over the top is only on the plain strings....and not much of a bother to me....my hands are really rough and can't feel much with the palm anyways....and losing that little ball in the carpet is a pain in the ass...little alone on stage. The vacuum will find them and they really have a shit fit over them.

I guess it's not a bad idea to use them,...but with the two piece... bridge and stop bar,.. I can't see it being that much of a bother as the hand rests on the bridge and not the stop bar.

Last edited:

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The vacuum will find them and the really have a shit fit over them.
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

This sticking yourself part of it doesn't apply. In my little fry cook brain, I like where the bend in the string is and how goes over better. Curious if that really matters one little bit or not.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
FRI-day coffee is on, and fresh.
Folger's® Classic Roast.
Little on the strong side, might want some creamer in that.

Warm weather and rains have made things a jungle; bugs are out, carpenter ant in the bathroom, bats were out last night.
No cicadas.
I wonder what cicada's natural predators are.
Huh.
Have to find an entomologist.
The cicadas were definitely out at our daughters place. Kind of enjoyed the sound, but I can see where it would get to you

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

This sticking yourself part of it doesn't apply. In my little fry cook brain, I like where the bend in the string is and how goes over better. Curious if that really matters one little bit or not.
I haven't notice any ill effect........ i stretch and tug my strings a lot during string changes to seat the ball in good....any bending issues are sorted out during that process.

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Threads