Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
no, he ask. Hell I was one that was banned.
Bah.

Here's what happened:

I asked the contributors to this thread to avoid drifting into political or controversial topics. Asked, mind you.

After that, one of the regulars decided it was time to see how close he could get to the line without going over it.

I recognized the intent. While I was sitting there thinking about it, two more members decided it would be fun to chip in. And so all three were thread banned.

Not site banned, mind you. Thread banned, and that was it.

I told all three of these members via PM that while I'd locked them out for 7 days-- which is the default setting-- I'd actually be deleting the ban after three days.

Two of the three were gracious enough to thank me. Never heard back from the third guy, but I wasn't surprised by that. Instead I was surprised by the two who thanked me.

In fact, the guy who pushed his luck by getting this crap going was let back into the thread the next day. I deleted his thread ban because he was gracious as he responded to me.

YOU got a three-day site ban because you decided it would be fun to continue whining in here about "unfair treatment" and such.

It seems that you have a problem when it comes to knowing when to drop something. Like in this thread, for instance.

But still. Three days? Big deal!

So there's your draconian treatment for you.

You stayed away for about a month. I shrugged. There are something like 200,000 members on this site now. It's not as though any single one of us below the admin is absolutely indispensable. We don't like to lose members, no-- but it's not as if the site would come to a shrieking halt simply because you're not posting.

As for DarrellV, it's amazing to me how very little you people actually know about one another, while thinking you're extremely familiar with one another. You'd be surprised if you knew the back story... not that I'm about to fill you in.

You guys need to can this crap. Now.

--R

Last edited:

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reviewing the last few pages as my lecture video (S L O W L Y) uploads to our online learning platform (Canvas)

cherrysunburst00

Reaction score
I can't get a decent fish & chips out here in the desert. It's a crying shame.
BUT, we do get that fantastic after-rain smell. Certain plants here release that smell. Indescribably sweet.

Do You get that in the CA desert, Lt?

cherrysunburst00

Reaction score
No. It smells like washed dirt.
Wow, I guess it really is unique to the NM desert, or at least Southern NM. I think it's creosote bush, possibly mesquite.

I thought it was maybe just desert smell, but I see not.

cherrysunburst00

Reaction score
On to other thoughts:

Timing really is everything. When I first got Mountain "Avalanche" I was not too impressed, but I kept it anyway as a complete collection. After Leslie passed, I have been binging on Leslie & Mountain. I have re-listened to "Avalanche" and WOW!!!

@LtDave32 I remember you saying that a friend had loaned Leslie a guitar, and he smashed it, blaming the drugs. Was it a Stratocaster? I saw something about a show where he had no gear and someone loaned him a guitar. I was just wondering if it was the same.

Off to Zoom Class meeting with our Principal for sophomores. This is my THIRD class meeting (seniors and juniors were last week).

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one stirred anything up, in my opinion, in fact some take this shit waaaaaay to seriously. It was a simple question if anyone heard from a member I have talked to in the past. Last time he left I asked him to come back. He did. I don't want to know every single thing about every single person on this site, let alone this thread. It was a very simple and easy question that was answered in 1-2 posts. Some people are babies, it is what it is. My answer was gotten. End of story. It was never that serious of a thing.

Latest Threads