Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Similar, but very different. I’d always worked. Started throwing papers when I was 12. Got my first real job the day I turned 15. I always did the work program. High school for me was 8:00 to 11:30, then straight to work. I hung with my older work crowd.

Minimum wage was $1.60 or $64.00 a week full time before taxes. I was making $2.00 an hour and getting overtime. I was banking. Knocking back serious coin.
View attachment 497030
That was big money back then. I started at about the same at my first job. $1.60 hr. My first full time job in '77 was $4.08 and hr.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Taking the day off too. Very frustrating. I get it, and need to do it, but frustrating. Sallie puts me back on lockdown. I try and accept it and settle into a good movie, but they text me every ten minutes. I either want to do it or not do it. Tough to float between the two.

DavGrape

Reaction score
Are you on the steering column? Cuz that's alien to folks, for sure.
My Dad was old school and thought everybody should learn manual, hence; I learned.

I kin keep 'em poised on a hill.
Just takes a little practice and finésse.

Right-hand drive would take a little practice.

Last edited:

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Learn how to use the jack, too.
Don't bury it under a bunch of crap, like my sister.
Sheesh... my sister's car... take you 45 minutes to change a tire.
That especially applies to trailers. First thing I used to do when I’d trade boats. See if my rig would work. Trailers are all different.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Per my CDC contract tracer I can go back in public tomorrow. Haven't left my house since last Monday, as in 2 weeks ago almost Monday. Except the 20 minutes I left for a drive in test Sunday. Still not going to go out this weekend except to park my car in storage for the winter tomorrow. Then back home till work on Monday. Happy I get to go vote on Tuesday. I was worried about it. I feel great though. Eife5is fine too.

Latest Threads