Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@ehb

This subject ought to send Edro running for the scribble pad.

I've been getting into the idea of picking up a vintage 60's keyboard. I'd love a Vox Continental, but they are expensive. You still can get Farfisas for around $400 depending on the model, and there's a whole bunch of them out there that do basically the same thing, made the same way, and are dirt cheap. Even Teisco made one. Yep, that Teisco, of cheapie guitar Teisco del rey fame. Actually, they put out a pretty damn cool organ. And they put it out through another name, the Nomad 61.

I just want it because it's a funky old thing, and I want to get my House of the Rising Sun groove on....

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
@ehb

I've been getting into the idea of picking up a vintage 60's keyboard. I'd love a Vox Continental, but they are expensive. You still can get Farfisas for around $400 depending on the model, and there's a whole bunch of them out there that do basically the same thing, made the same way, and are dirt cheap. Even Teisco made one. Yep, that Teisco, of cheapie guitar Teisco del rey fame. Actually, they put out a pretty damn cool organ. And they put it out through another name, the Nomad 61.

I just want it because it's a funky old thing, and I want to get my House of the Rising Sun groove on....
People make fun of those cheesy 60s organs. I
1598667788005.png
cheesy!

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's the big, fat daddy of them all, the Philacorda.

Bitchin' reverb in this thing.

It's what was used on Chris Montez' "let's dance", and for the castaways "Liar Liar", the latter of which a guy does a couple of bars here:

Tell you what, with it really loud and pipey, and with that reverb.. I just GOTTA have one of these things.

I will search the ends of the earth. I MUST have one.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's what was used on Chris Montez' "let's dance", and for the castaways "Liar Liar", the latter of which a guy does a couple of bars here:

Tell you what, with it really loud and pipey, and with that reverb.. I just GOTTA have one of these things.

Almost the ends - Hungary

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That Philacorda.. It's so creepy, so "Munsters".. No, worse than that. and better at the same time. It's got that Doors "Moonlite Drive" thing..

I have to have one. And I get what I want, eventually.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gotta have one!
Hahaha!
My mind automatically filled in the little guitar up-bend.
That harmonic. It's the one trick of the song. I think it's a harmonic with the whammy bar pulled up after hitting it.

Big brother had that single.. I played the shit out of it.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
here you go, Dav. Right at the very end of the song, you can see him do it.

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Learned why the boss was working so hard last night. They had a hurricane refugee hit. We had discussed the possibility of that happening. They all head for SA. SA says "we're full" and they head west to us. Plus, a lot of em were with local family. There's a bunch who like to evacuate to "Uncle Ted and Aunt Martha's" in the hill country. If you've gotta evacuate, may as well go someplace nice!

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Pinky's been a problem for almost 10 years after mashing it on a stair rail.
Little bit numb, and dexterity not all there.
Used to be really accurate and those chords were simple.
Now I miss the target, and play out of tune, etc.
Still sounds good over here!

If you were playing live to a typical crowd, they would never notice.

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ehb

This oughta get @ehb 's attention. :naughty:

Almost the ends - Hungary
here you go, Dav. Right at the very end of the song, you can see him do it.

BFE11D82-07CD-49F7-884D-4D805AD98555.png

Latest Threads