Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
1583177749673.png

Mirrors? Try driving a truck or bus without them. I use mirrors in the car often. The trick with the driver side mirror is to adjust it outward past where you can see your car, but a shift to left allows you to see the car once more. More simple than it sounds.

The right side "OBJECTS IN THIS" mirror is invaluable.

Yes, I also spin my head around looking in blind spots too. Won't be long when there are little cameras replacing door mirrors - no more blind spots.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I don't trust mirror 100%.
Of course I use mirrors.
I know how to adjust the mirrors.
Jesus.
Not everyone knows the left hand adjustment trick - just trying to be helpful ...

I sat in a current generation Camaro once. Claustrophobic would be an accurate description. Very limited visibility. I'd not buy one strictly on that. And if you are vertically challenged? You will want a periscope.

Last edited:

DavGrape

Reaction score
Snarky.
Snark gone.

I deliberately bury my YouTube stuff...
It's just for us, the Heresy Bunch.
Maybe cuz I used music in my spinny ball trick... a 'bot' found it?
Kind of a "You subscribe to me, I'll subscribe to you?"
The message sounds bogus, like it was sent to thousands of videos or something.
YourTube.jpg

Last edited:

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
That is nice of you to type. The 28 series is as classic traditional as they get, changed and cheapened a bit after WWII. Martin has slowly reintroduced the 30s marquetry and other little details to many of the variations of the new 28s. They look like "Model Ts" again. I like that look more than the 70s appointments my D12-28 has. That is why I felt like adding some color to the 12.

Photography - what grabbed my eye are the differences in the amount of post processing in the two images I posted. The first was under processed, the second is over processed. :/

Your Taylor has more interesting appointments that are non-traditional, including the rosewood pickguard. Do I see wood in the top binding? Nice ...

Does Taylor use plastic bridge pins? The Macassar ebony fretboard is real class itself. That would look odd on a 1930s style Martin Dreadnought when black ebony was it.
Thanks. Yes - the binding around top & bottom and sound hole is maple. Bridge pins are ebony with abalone inlays

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I'm sorta friends with Douglas (the photographer). He's a really interesting and down to earth guy
thanks for catching me on that one :thumb: , because I usually try to give credit to photographers and artists

Douglas Kirkland was the man that took the picture . and the " biker chick " is Ann Margret ( the actress )

she wasn't just playing around / posing . the lady really knew how to handle a bike . here she is with her Triumph , that she rode in the movie " The Swinger "

ann-margret-the-swinger-triumph-tiger.jpg

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
thanks for catching me on that one :thumb: , because I usually try to give credit to photographers and artists

Douglas Kirkland was the man that took the picture . and the " biker chick " is Ann Margret ( the actress )

she wasn't just playing around / posing . the lady really knew how to handle a bike . here she is with her Triumph , that she rode in the movie " The Swinger "

View attachment 443631
Would

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score

View attachment 443631
Douglas also did some pretty famous Marilyn Monroe shoots too

Bytor1958

Reaction score
I was only kidding. It's an overpriced piece of crap. WAY too slow and WAY WAY too expensive to use. It runs on proprietary butane cylinders that cost as much as the nailer after a week of use.

I use normal Bostich stuff IRL. :)
I went for the most inexpensive but good ratings one I could get at Home Depot. So far so good. I've used 3 inch nails and 1 1/2 inch for the fence and 3 inch on the base for my shed.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that sucks. The JOYO JTA-05 amp I ordered and paid for is out of stock, and is now special order only. I received an email saying so, but the store will hold one for me if I want it, when their next order comes in, in May.

I replied yes, proceed with the order, and called the store and confirmed all the info. So I'll forget all about it and be surprised a couple of months from now.

I'm gonna cook up some pork chops and potatoes.

Latest Threads