Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
@Pop1655

Your a good sport! Don't worry, mines coming tomorrow. I'm 47 and my guys act like I'm that guy on the walker! They're both in their 20s so there's no shortage of old jokes on the shift

Last edited:

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if I mentioned it, but the young man who replaced me was fired. His anxiety couldn't cope with Thursdays, so he just.didn't.show. He was warned about it, but he can't help it, I guess. I had already filled in on five days in six weeks. The company is so lucky to have me nearby...

Anyway, the next replacement won't start until Mar 9, so I'll be working three full weeks until then, and likely another two weeks to get him trained.

Meh. I wasn't ready to stop working cold turkey anyhow.

Skeletor

Reaction score
Don't know if I mentioned it, but the young man who replaced me was fired. His anxiety couldn't cope with Thursdays, so he just.didn't.show. He was warned about it, but he can't help it, I guess. I had already filled in on five days in six weeks. The company is so lucky to have me nearby...

Anyway, the next replacement won't start until Mar 9, so I'll be working three full weeks until then, and likely another two weeks to get him trained.

Meh. I wasn't ready to stop working cold turkey anyhow.
What makes Thursdays more stressful than the rest of the week?

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
What makes Thursdays more stressful than the rest of the week?
Trailer comes in, product has to be broken down, sorted, some loaded onto delivery trucks, and then those two trucks have to make maybe 25 deliveries each around the city. My route needs a lot of hustle to get to some places on time. I've never liked Thursdays either, but it's helped me keep my girlish figure :laugh2:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Don't know if I mentioned it, but the young man who replaced me was fired. His anxiety couldn't cope with Thursdays
Back when I delivered office furniture and supplies Thursdays were center city Philadelphia days. I had a particularly bad Thursday morning and drove the truck back and quit. No anxiety, just sick of the bullshit.

Latest Threads