Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

Bytor1958

Reaction score
The Ford Mustang is an American car manufactured by Ford. It was originally conceived by Lee Iacocca.[2] The Mustang debuted in 1964 with a price of $2,368, with estimated annual sales of 100K. First year sales were over 400K units and one million within two years.[3]

The Ford Mustang began production five months before the normal start of the 1965 production year. The early production versions are often referred to as "1964½ models" but all Mustangs were advertised,

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
For the pen I made Justin I used a Cricut machine to print the letters. The only issue with that is the amount of finish required for it to not stand proud of the wood. I think I used about 15-16 coats of CA to finish. The only solution I've seen for decals is what you mentioned - metallic ink, and for a 4 color model you'd be looking at a couple thousand.
Other problem with regular inkjet and decal paper is the black lose a lot of their depth.
View attachment 435018
You could buy a cheap laser and burn it in the wood with some depth. Then paint the indented burn with whatever color you wish and clear over it.

My laser will burn up to 1/2" into wood in one pass, but mine's a commercial model. A $300 Chinese one should do the trick one or two passes and burn just enough that between the paint and clear, it should fill the indentation back up. Just a thought.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not yet. I paid Tuesday. Got paperwork overnighted Wed. Overnighted it back to him for yesterday. I just called and left a message for him to set up the deliver date. Shooting for Monday when its in the high 30's and no snow or rain. Need to just get it from the trailer to my buddy's garage a block away. At least temporarily.
Video it so we can see and hear it before it goes in! :)

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can tell each year except for 65/66 apart.
My wife and I were looking at '66 Fastback 289 a couple years ago. It's my birth year and we wanted one that was completely done and ready to rock.
Life got in the way and I started looking again this year. The damn prices have gone up so much, I don't think we'll be able to budget for one now :(

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
My wife and I were looking at '66 Fastback 289 a couple years ago. It's my birth year and we wanted one that was completely done and ready to rock.
Life got in the way and I started looking again this year. The damn prices have gone up so much, I don't think we'll be able to budget for one now :(
I was born in 81. Not a good year for cars.

A LP Custom is possible though