Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

DavGrape

Reaction score
Teaching myself piano, I went early on to Keith Emerson... I wanted to do 'Trilogy.' At least parts...
All his stuff is incredible, Karn Evil etc... all those notes count and must be there.
Nobody can cop his stuff like Rachel Flowers.
And she's blind.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
If I moved my guitars into a closet or somethin', I do have a keyboard stand. I just don't have wall space ATM.
I tried teaching myself keyboard in the early 90s. Did not go well. I trained my hands to do two very different things with guitar.

Did manage to pick up a few things by ear that amazed the ex. Some Bach likely not fully correct organ lines, some B-52's. Other stuff I cannot recall. She could not grasp how I did those by ear. Zero musical ability the cvnt had.

My last time with the keys was the last band I was in as a bass player. I got out the Yamaha keyboard and figured out the pianna bit for 'Closing Time'.

We ended up doing our own slightly faster tempo version without my shitty keyboard part.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
My keyboard is a controller only, no sounds of its own, so it has to be hooked into software. OTOH, it can be any instrument I want it to be. If I were to do a piano track, it would be one track for left hand, and a second, layered track for the right hand :laugh2:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
My keyboard is a controller only, no sounds of its own, so it has to be hooked into software. OTOH, it can be any instrument I want it to be. If I were to do a piano track, it would be one track for left hand, and a second, layered track for the right hand :laugh2:
Touch sensitive keys? The key to making a keyboard sound expressive... Pianissimo Forte and all ...

My Yamaha lacked that. Likely for the best at my not skill level.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have them on my google drive..

I took the link out of my sig do to lack of interest it seemed on taking them any further, but I still have them.

My Les Paul Classifieds