Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
If someone borrowed my guitar and played it like that I would take it from them, smash it into a chair, set it on fire and sit naked in the fetal position in front of the smoldering embers sobbing uncontrollably. I will just keep it to myself. :rofl:
Please do keep it to yourself :laugh2::laugh2:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Reaction score
Oh yeah on the Cedar allergies. Mostly my CPH (migraine type) are under control (with indomethacin), but I'd get break throughs during Cedar pollen season (aka, this time o' year .. you can see the male cedars all covered in yellow pollen). I started allergy shots a few years ago, to see if it'd help, and I believe it has.

Not cheap, but helps meet my out of pocket medical expenses ... which I'm not sure what the plan is there. More coffee needed. :laugh2:

Geezus!! Put up a sign!! "NO CEDAR" . Those long haired cedar people must heed the warning.

DavGrape

Reaction score
Some seasons I see pollen clouds blow off the pines.... but it ain't nothin' like dat. Hoo-wee.

Got the Five Man Electrical Band stuck in my head now; this is a good thing, howsoever.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Oh yeah on the Cedar allergies. Mostly my CPH (migraine type) are under control (with indomethacin), but I'd get break throughs during Cedar pollen season (aka, this time o' year .. you can see the male cedars all covered in yellow pollen). I started allergy shots a few years ago, to see if it'd help, and I believe it has.

Not cheap, but helps meet my out of pocket medical expenses ... which I'm not sure what the plan is there. More coffee needed. :laugh2:

a cloud of cedar dust and a hearty "Hi Ho Silver!"

1579106083383.png

DavGrape

Reaction score
set it back down
It's 80% mental.
Them guys calmly practiced 10 hours a day years ago, for years.
I think in lead lines of 2 bars.
I like playing rhythm and singing; I wish I could do the one-minute leads, but I just don't think that way.
Preaching to the choir; you are a rock-solid player; nothing to fret about.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Cheers to @Rando375

I had no idea the Vox AmPlug had 2 channels. Red and green. I wasn't using it as much because it was on the red channel. Even at minimal gain...it was 80s hair band level.

This morning I discovered the green channel. Sounds great.
The ‘Classic Rock’ has three channels. Too much gain on three.

DarrellV

Welcome to the internet!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think in lead lines of 2 bars.
I like playing rhythm and singing; I wish I could do the one-minute leads, but I just don't think that way.
Preaching to the choir; you are a rock-solid player; nothing to fret about.
Thank you , Dav! Much appreciated! :cheers:

Honestly, I'd be happy when I reach your breadth of knowledge, and I appreciate what I've learned from watching you so far.

I'll most likely never be Gasket material, but I'm ok with that. I can still admire and enjoy what he does! :shock:

I never really thought about it till you just mentioned the 2 bar solo thing.

I can't seem to come up with long winded solos either. I find the ones that come to me are usually based on the melody somehow and they all just seem to naturally end after a verse or a verse and chorus.

We do an extended version of Spirit in the Sky when we play out and folks just eat it up.

But between us girls I'm in a panic for what to play next! :laugh2: Total improvise for what seems like forever! I want to just enjoy it, but I find I run out of things to say fairly quickly during the solos..... and I still don't have a solo pattern down that I can repeat each time we do it. Still working on the 'note vocabulary' if you will.

The Ribber song, for example, was totally made up as I heard it in my head, but even now, I can't come up with anything more to 'improve' on it.

It's like once I get them, and work them out, that's it, they're done. Next song..

I still love playing them to this day, as simple as they are. But man! When I have the guys on bass and rythm beside me, they still sound really good out there in the air!

DavGrape

Reaction score
watching you so far
I got a little vibrato trick I show you guys.
Maybe a fun pinky exercise, too, since my pinky is my strong suit.
We'll see.
We'll see.
If I put it in print, it will commit me, so I'll prolly do it.
Got my Tele bridge pickup wired to split the coils with the tone knob last night.
Will demo.
Gotta string up foist.
We'll see.
Hot_Wheels_Supercharger.png

Last edited:

DavGrape

Reaction score
"Kin I go to the movies this week-end?"
"What's playing?"
"Uh... Escape From The Planet of the Apes."
"Is that rated PG?"
"I dunno."