Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I forgot all about those Zip Drives back in the day.
Yeah, they were super.

Back in my bench tech days (97-00), we had an internal file server that doubled as our Napster / Limewire / Scour(?) / etc. file sharing server. They had much faster internet than any of us had at home.

I had already made the switch to NT4 at home. I'd take my MP3 downloads home on a "borrowed" parallel port ZIP 100 drive.

Who here has configured a parallel port ZIP drive in NT4?

I thought I was a PC badass for doing it so smoothly over and over again. I was.
1574049353140.gif

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Does that make one ineligible for the draft, or any other professional prohibitions?
Cuz I don't think I could be an airline pilot, with the color vision thing.
Indeed it did / does. In the 60s my first ear doctor told my Mom I'd be ineligible for the draft. Fortunate for all of us, the Vietnam war put an end to all of that.

I do greatly admire and salute those who served conscripted or not.

Yep, I'll never be a certified pilot of any passenger aircraft as well. Maybe ultralights. :dunno:

Last edited:

DarrellV

Crazy American......
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fact! Add to that it was supposed to freezing rain and drizzle on the morning ride in... of course!

Thankfully, it did not! However, the jury is still out on what we can expect for the ride home!

And I hear there is more fun in store tomorrow...

I still say go snow, or go home! Screw this ice and rain crap!

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Fact! Add to that it was supposed to freezing rain and drizzle on the morning ride in... of course!

Thankfully, it did not! However, the jury is still out on what we can expect for the ride home!

And I here there is more fun in store tomorrow...

I still say go snow, or go home! Screw this ice and rain crap!
I'll take snow any day over ice.

We are supposed to be in the mid 70s today high 70s Tues and Weds.

That's what I like about Texas winters. We might get a short cold spell then it's warms again.

Looks like the A/C will be back on tomorrow and Weds.

Latest Threads