Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 415147
@efstop
Well, well!!! Nice new pic! :dude:

Truth be known I'm a wee bit jealous of ANYONE with a full head of hair at our age.. :laugh2:

I'm a believer in 'if you've got it, flaunt it'.
That's my last long hair avatar. In less than two weeks I'm chopping it off. Big hue and cry on FB when I said that :)

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
That's my last long hair avatar. In less than two weeks I'm chopping it off. Big hue and cry on FB when I said that :)
If I was smart, I'd chop mine off too. Not quite as long as yours, and very fine and flat. It is still mostly brown.

"Big hue and cry on FB" Hue? FB?

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I was smart, I'd chop mine off too. Not quite as long as yours, and very fine and flat. It is still mostly brown.

"Big hue and cry on FB" Hue? FB?
Hue and cry: A public clamor, as of protest or demand. I"m getting "Noooooo!" and "Why are you cutting it off?" and "You're breaking my heart!" (seriously) and one local gal just said: :(:(:(

FB: a large interactive website where people post cat memes and political cartoons, and sometimes photos of their meals.
I mainly just post street or band photos that I've taken while oot & aboot
;)

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
"I mainly just post street or band photos that I've taken while oot & aboot".

OK, eh.

No FB or Twitter for me. Ever. Not happening.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
I spend most of my online time here. FB is handy for keeping up, but sometimes I don't need to know what some of them are doing. Or thinking.
'Taking a dump now.... pics at 11'

Yeah, no thanks!

I'll add my voice to the outcry, FWIW!

:laugh2:

Yeah, in Nova Scotia... Oot and aboot! And they though WE sounded strange :laugh2:

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
Utilities are set up.

Internets set up, I just need to decide on/purchase a cable modem + router (suggestions welcomed)

Cargo Van is reserved.

Health insurance enrollment complete.

Several loads of stuff I don't want to move hauled to transfer station.

Now all I've got to do before Friday is box up my stuff.

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a router and cable modem.

Any recommendations?
Not following.... around here the internet provider sets up their own modem to talk to their network.

We don't provide that. Some come with wireless routing built in, like ours, so we don't have to buy anything.

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
Not following.... around here the internet provider sets up their own modem to talk to their network.

We don't provide that. Some come with wireless routing built in, like ours, so we don't have to buy anything.

I'm holding my nose and using Spectrum because local dsl service isn't any cheaper and is significantly slower.

They gave me the option of either paying a monthly rental fee for ISP provided equipment, or providing my own.

My account is currently set up with a "dummy modem," and all I have to do is connect my modem and call in the MAC address.

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm holding my nose and using Spectrum because local dsl service isn't any cheaper and is significantly slower.

They gave me the option of either paying a monthly rental fee for ISP provided equipment, or providing my own.
We have the same company, but they didn't ask us to provide anything....They have to register the modem to your account on their network, so I'm still lost on that one.

I can see getting a separate wifi router to hook to the modem..

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
Spectrum is our only provider choice here which seems crazy to me in Silicon Valley. In rural eastern WA I had blazing fast fiber for $30 a month.
For wireless, I currently have a couple of Apple routers, but I'll be switching them out for a mesh setup in the near future

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
@redjunior I didn't realize you guys had been getting so much rain. Just watched a video of Snoqualmie Falls - I don't think I ever saw it going that strong when we lived there