Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Morning, effrybuddy. On cup #3, and shopping for guitar parts. I want to try an old school (smooth, compensated) wrap tail on my Epi '57 Junior. A Faber is about $100 CAD shipped, but the MojoAxe is double that. Callaham, the best parts company on the planet doesn't carry such a thing, and all the rest I've seen are lightning bridges or "tone bars". Nope.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Morning, effrybuddy. On cup #3, and shopping for guitar parts. I want to try an old school (smooth, compensated) wrap tail on my Epi '57 Junior. A Faber is about $100 CAD shipped, but the MojoAxe is double that. Callaham, the best parts company on the planet doesn't carry such a thing, and all the rest I've seen are lightning bridges or "tone bars". Nope.
Order Faber Germany site. Don't order US site.

61LPSG

Reaction score
We have those here too.

Years ago PA state inspection would fail if you has an open rust spot larger than .75". Beyond stupid. That requirement is no longer in effect, so there are some prime rustbuckets out there. Not sure when that was changed ...
NBB,

I live near Harrisburg. When we moved here from Upstate N.Y. my dad's 57 Mercury had virtually no rocker panels left. We stuffed the void with insulation, covered with tape, and sprayed on primer.
It passed inspection:rofl:
The first car I ever bought was a 55 Austin- Healy 100-4, and the previous owner had mounted Lucas fog lights. It would not pass because the were not connected. That was considered unsafe... but the same asshat forgot to tighten up the lug nuts and I had a wheel come off while I was cruising out in the boonies.:mad2:

CerebralGasket

Reaction score
I've been real happy with the MojoAxe wraparound bridge on my Junior, but it was already installed when I acquired it second hand. It's like the previous owner read my mind and did all the modifications to the guitar that I would have done myself.

61LPSG

Reaction score
I still say somebody on here should give this clowny a nice home!

Does it come with a blindfold?

Back in 69 or 70 my buddy and I went up NYC to get a Les Paul. I wanted a GT or black one.
We went to Manny's Music and whole place was wallpapered in De Luxes...every one was a clown burst. We then went to Sam Ash, and a few more shops same thing. I couldn't bring myself to buy one , I just can't take the looks.
That's bad enough, but I also went to look at an "used Les Paul" which was a Tomato Soup burst and passed on it because I didn't like color. I learned later that it was a 60 Burst, and the guy sold it for $425.
Yeah, I'm stupid.
EDIT: I'm an IDIOT!

DarrellV

Crazy American......
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been real happy with the MojoAxe wraparound bridge on my Junior, but it was already installed when I acquired it second hand. It's like the previous owner read my mind and did all the modifications to the guitar that I would have done myself.
I had that same thing happen with my mim Strat when I bought it.

DarrellV

Crazy American......
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it come with a blindfold?

Back in 69 or 70 my buddy and I went up NYC to get a Les Paul. I wanted a GT or black one.
We went to Manny's Music and whole place was wallpapered in De Luxes...every one was a clown burst. We then went to Sam Ash, and a few more shops same thing. I couldn't bring myself to buy one , I just can't take the looks.
That's bad enough, but I also went to look at an "used Les Paul" which was a Tomato Soup burst and passed on it because I didn't like color. I learned later that it was a 60 Burst, and the guy sold it for $425.
Yeah, I'm stupid.
Nah, it happens. ..

Owner of Parkway Music once told me as I was looking that color was really important to a new guitar purchase because if it doesn't inspire you to pick it up and play it, there's no point in buying it.

Latest Threads