Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Just got another awesome package from @NorlinBlackBeauty ... lots of goodies for the Martin.
Had a fight with the Polish postal service among the way, but luckily it's here!

Also an unplanned NGD is coming... had a technical emergency where my main, and well - at this moment only, bass has become a decorative piece.

Long story short, the neck was made form the worst possible piece of wood they could find in the Fender factory and it goes nuts with the slightest temperature/humidity changes. It plays great during the summer... rest of the year not so much.

I have some possible songwriting sessions as a bass player coming up, so I got something to replace the fender that's similar in terms of feel and functionality, but cheaper.

Not really too crazy on buying guitars anymore, the Martin is too good. How could anything compare?

It's a good feeling to be able to fall back on some savings when something like this happens.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
I like having data I can "hold in my hands" as in an offline (not always connected) external drive.

I'm back on my dedicated internal OS / apps 250 GB SDD after successfully backing it up. About 15 minutes total. Like nothing every happened.

I can kick off the data only clone when I want, which will be shortly. It is a 4 TB HDD clone via eSATA. It takes over 2.5 hours.

No need to watch or babysit. It'll work perfectly unless one of the HDDs takes a shit. Hopefully it is the older one in the unlikely event it does.
When I say I keep a copy offsite, this is in addition to my onsite backup

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Good morning! Although it is 4:40 PM here.
"Work conditions and low pay"

Goddammit. A job is a beautiful thing. If you're good, you'll get a better offer when you're noticed. What's so hard to understand? Gotta start somewhere.
Commit, do hard, honest work and it'll pay off sooner or later. Sheesh.

Tell them I make 14000$ a year and that's almost triple what most people my age make. People who do the same thing in the USA make between 60 to 100k. They're damn lucky to be in the best country in the world.

Honestly - no more guitars this year. Seriously. All that's left off the bucket list is a good Jazzmaster and 355/335 anyway. Can't buy it all at one time, where's the fun in that?

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Good morning! Although it is 4:40 PM here.
"Work conditions and low pay"

Goddammit. A job is a beautiful thing. If you're good, you'll get a better offer when you're noticed. What's so hard to understand? Gotta start somewhere.
Commit, do hard, honest work and it'll pay off sooner or later. Sheesh.

Tell them I make 14000$ a year and that's almost triple what most people my age make. People who do the same thing in the USA make between 60 to 100k. They're damn lucky to be in the best country in the world.

Honestly - no more guitars this year. Seriously. All that's left off the bucket list is a good Jazzmaster and 355/335 anyway. Can't buy it all at one time, where's the fun in that?
A 335 is still on my wish list. One day I'll have one. Until then my Dot will do.